|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.|
It comes packaged with three Elite Darts.
The Triad EX-3 is able to hold up to three darts at a time in its three triangularly placed barrels. The blaster does not feature a tactical rail due to its small size. A small set of iron sights is located on top of the blaster.
The Triad features an intelligent air restrictor system like the Rough Cut 2x4 and the Crossfire Bow. The blaster fires a single dart by closing off the hole to the next chamber when a dart is inserted. This way, only the first chamber with a dart in it gets air flowing through it. When all three barrels are loaded, the blaster will fire clockwise starting from the bottom barrel.
Streamline Darts will not work with the Triad.
Though this blaster was originally thought to be a successor to the Jolt EX-1 (as implied by their names), the Triad is almost twice as big. The Triad also surpasses the Jolt with its higher power, better air seal, higher capacity, and intelligent air restrictor system.
The Triad has been released with the following color schemes:
There is a special value pack of the Triad, which includes four blasters and twelve Elite Darts.
There is also a two-pack that consists of two blasters and fifteen darts.
- Sometimes loaded darts will pop up when other darts are loaded in. This is due to the Triad's air restrictor and can be fixed by loading in a different dart.
- Sometimes, due to user error, the third dart may fall out of the Triad when the second is fired.
- In music terminology, a triad is a three-note chord.
- ↑ Randomshadow09 (2012-11-18). Nerf N-Strike Elite Triad EX-3 - Range Test (Stock) (Video). YouTube. Retrieved on 2017-09-15.
- ↑ P13c30fch33s3 (2013-06-28). Nerf Elite Triad EX-3 Review (20m grey trigger Aus version) (Article / Review). Outback Nerf. Archived from the original on 2017-06-28. Retrieved on 2017-09-15.
|N-Strike Elite blasters|
|2012||Hail-Fire • Rampage (Elite XD • 2019) • Retaliator (Elite XD) • Stockade (Elite XD)|
|2013||Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Firestrike (Elite XD) • RapidStrike CS-18 (Elite XD) • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • Rough Cut 2x4 (Elite XD) • Spectre REV-5 • Strongarm (Elite XD) • Stryfe (Elite XD) • Triad EX-3 (Elite XD)|
|2014||Cam ECS-12 • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Rhino-Fire • Sidestrike|
|2015||Alpha Trooper CS-6 • CrossBolt • Jolt • SplitStrike|
|2016||BowStrike • Dual-Strike • HyperFire • PocketStrike • SharpFire • SnapFire • StratoBow|
|2017||Disruptor • RayvenFire|
|2018||Delta Trooper • Infinus • NanoFire • Scout MKII • Stryfe CQ-10 • Surestrike • SurgeFire|
|2019||Quadrant • Recon CQ-12 • Rukkus ICS-8 • Titan CS-50 • Trilogy DS-15|