|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
Not to be confused with the Titan CS-50.
The Titan is a large air-powered blaster that fires Mega Missiles. It has an integrated sight on the top of the blaster, as well as a rotatable pressure gauge to indicate how much air the blaster is storing. It has a large pump at the back which is intended to be used like a foot pump.
It also features an attachment point for the N-Strike Hornet AS-6, located at the bottom of the handle, which allows control of the Hornet's firing trigger. It also automatically fills up the Hornet's air tank whenever the Titan is pumped. The forward trigger activates the Hornet's burst-fire function and will not fire the Titan's missile.
Due to its inverse tactical rail, some blasters can be attached to the Titan. These blasters won't be able to be fired from the button on the side though, as the only blaster that can is the N-Strike Scout IX-3.
The Titan is very popular for modification; if modified, it can cause bruises if shot from a short distance. Hence, it is advised that the Titan is not fired at close range to anyone. If indoors, it has some potential to break fragile items such as glass, porcelain, etc., as the projectile will be traveling at high velocity thanks to.
If the Titan is modified to shoot Micro Darts, it can fire over one hundred feet and up to three or four hundred feet if the over pressure valve is plugged. The most common way of doing this is by taking off the original barrel it comes with, hack-sawing the safety cap off, and putting PVC pipes or dart adapters in.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Titan, load a Mega Missile on to the muzzle. Pump the blaster twenty times for maximum firing range and power. Pull the main trigger to fire the Mega Missile.
- The Titan shares similarities with the 1994 Mattel Ultimator, an air-powered missile launcher-style blaster.
- The Titan is commonly banned from Nerf wars, especially if it is modified to fire Micro Darts, because of its superior range and power, as well as the possibility of hurting people at short ranges.
- The Titan is featured as a weapon in Nerf N-Strike.
- It is the only Nerf blaster to date to be compatible with the Mega Missile.
- It is also the only blaster that can be attached to the Hornet.
- The long orange barrel that the missile is fired from can be removed if twisted to the left.
- The Titan is known as the Titan ASV-1 on the packaging for the Titan ASV-1 & Scout IX-3 Set.
- Titan instructions on the Hasbro website
|Air system blasters|
|Regular blasters||Hornet AS-6 • Magstrike AS-10 • Rapid Fire AS-20 • Secret Strike AS-1|
|Special blasters||Titan AS-V.1 (Air system vessel)|