|This product was cancelled before or during production.|
It may be incredibly rare, making it hard to find in second-hand stores or even online.
Tek Strike products feature the use of Bluetooth technology to track when the player is hit by special Smart Darts fitted with programmable RFID chips. Despite not featuring any new blasters as of yet, the series consists of tactical rail accessories as well as their compatible ammunition type, the Smart Dart.
The Tek Strike series was first shown off at the 2014 New York Toy Fair. While originally scheduled for an August 2014 release, the series made an appearance at the 2015 New York Toy Fair; following this, it was later pushed back to a fall 2015 release. Despite this, the series never made it to shelves, and was seemingly and quietly cancelled.
- This series shares quite a lot in common with rival toy series Tek Recon. Both series feature electronic devices which can be attached to blasters, as well as a new ammunition source. Perhaps most similar between the two series are the names. While not official, it is possible that the naming of the series was deliberately made similar.
- Mr. K (2014-02-17). Nerf TekStrike Unveiled (Article). Adult Fans of Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-07-30.
- BlasterLabs (2015-02-15). Tek Strike Lives (Toy Fair '15) (Forum thread). Reddit.com/r/Nerf. Archived from the original on 2019-12-30. Retrieved on 2017-08-13.
- BlasterLabs (2015-02-26). TekStrike targeting a fall, 2015 launch. That is all. Literally. (Forum thread). Reddit.com/r/Nerf. Archived from the original on 2019-12-30. Retrieved on 2017-08-13.
- BlasterLabs (2014-11-30). What ever happened to Tek Strike? (Forum thread). Reddit.com/r/Nerf. Archived from the original on 2019-12-15. Retrieved on 2017-08-13.
- AboutNerf (2016-03-10). What the Hek happened to NERF TekStrike? (Forum thread). Reddit.com/r/Nerf. Archived from the original on 2019-12-15.