It comes packaged with fifteen Elite Darts.
The SurgeFire is a pump-action blaster that features a fifteen dart capacity rotating drum. It bears a resemblance to the 2015 N-Strike Mega RotoFury, with its main differences being that it fires Elite Darts and has a larger capacity. It also bears slight resemblance to the 2009 Dart Tag Furyfire.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Slam the competition with a surge of 15 darts from the Nerf SurgeFire blaster! This N-Strike Elite blaster has a rotating drum that holds 15 darts. Choose a target and blast 1 dart a time, or slam-fire all 15 darts rapidly to pour on the firepower. This pump-action blaster launches darts up to 90 feet (27 meters), so surge into battle and take control of the action! Includes 15 Elite darts.
The blaster was given a soft release in Malaysia sometime in November.
Reloading and firing
To reload the SurgeFire, simply load up to fifteen darts in its integrated drum. Pull back the priming handle to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger fire a dart.
To slam fire, hold down the trigger and continuously prime the blaster.
- When slam firing, priming the priming handle too fast will skip a dart, and require another shot to shoot the dart.
- Removing the SurgeFire's drum is difficult, but not impossible. There is a hole at the front of the drum housing that can be used to remove the drum by sticking a rod into it and pushing the drum out. However, there is little point to doing this, as attempting to insert a fully loaded drum into the SurgeFire results in the dart tips not fitting through the drum well. It could possibly be used as a way to insert higher capacity drums made via 3D printing or aftermarket. However, doing this would require said hi-capacity aftermarket drum to be equal or less than the dimensions of the original, or else it will not fit in the shell of the blaster.
- Pulling back the priming handle slightly will allow the Surgefire's drum to be more easily spun.
|The full image gallery for SurgeFire may be viewed at SurgeFire/Gallery.|
- ↑ BlasterHub (2017-08-19) Leaked Nerf News: Elite SURGEFIRE! BlasterHub.com
- ↑ LordDraconical (2017-09-10) First Review: Nerf Elite SurgeFire (Pump Action Revolver!) YouTube.com.
- ↑ Jangular (2017-11-18). Hasbro Buying Mattel, Mega Hammershot, Blaster On Shelves Early! This Week In Nerf News #33 YouTube.com.
- ↑ Carius (2018-02-01). Complaining about the SurgeFire (Drum Swap Mod?). YouTube.com.
|N-Strike Elite blasters|
|2012||Hail-Fire • Rampage (Elite XD) • Retaliator (Elite XD) • Stockade (Elite XD)|
|2013||Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Firestrike (Elite XD) • RapidStrike CS-18 (Elite XD) • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • Spectre REV-5 • Strongarm (Elite XD) • Stryfe (Elite XD) • Triad EX-3 (Elite XD)|
|2014||Cam ECS-12 • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Rhino-Fire • Rough Cut 2x4 • Sidestrike|
|2015||Alpha Trooper CS-6 • CrossBolt • Jolt • SplitStrike|
|2016||BowStrike • Dual-Strike • HyperFire • PocketStrike • SharpFire • SnapFire • StratoBow|
|2017||Disruptor • RayvenFire|
|2018||Delta Trooper • Infinus • Scout MKII • Stryfe CQ-10 • Surestrike • SurgeFire|
|2019||Rukkus ICS-8 • Titan CS-50 • Trilogy DS-15|