|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
The Stryfe is a small, clip-fed, semi-automatic flywheel blaster. It features a small acceleration trigger which allows for the blaster to be powered up for firing. It also has two tactical rails, a small one below the muzzle and a long one at the top rear of the blaster. There are barrel extension and shoulder stock attachment points as well. The clip release button is located in front of the firing trigger, below the trigger guard.
The muzzle has a counter-clockwise rifled texture, similar to the Retaliator's barrel extension. Opening the top jam door slows the flywheel faster than normal; this appears to be a safety mechanism and works even if power is lost before the flywheel stops spinning.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Empty your clip at your target with the motorized semi-auto blasting of the STRYFE blaster! This 6-dart dynamo lets you launch Elite Darts up to 75 feet one-handed. The blasters Acceleration Trigger powers up the motor for semi-auto action and the Quick Reload clip lets you reload fast. As with most N-STRIKE blasters, the Tactical Rail lets you add most N-STRIKE Tactical Rail accessories (sold separately) for more battle capability. Power up your compact STRYFE blaster and get ready to take out your targets with one-handed, semi-auto firing!
After releasing the N-Strike Elite Stryfe, Hasbro updated and re-released it with a better dart sensor lock that is wider. This eliminated problems customers were having with older clips and darts not working properly with the blaster. Newer, fixed versions of the Stryfe have an "A" at the end of their serial number. Later versions of the Stryfe such as the N-Strike Modulus variant and some Elite XD variants do away with the dart sensor completely.
The Stryfe was re-made twice in 2018, once under the BattleCamo Series and once again under the N-Strike Elite series as the Stryfe CQ-10. Both 2018 variants include a few additional accessories, such as a banana clip, a Folding Grip, a Proximity Barrel, and a shoulder stock.
The Stryfe has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Elite (blue, white, gray, and orange)
- Elite XD (orange, white, and gray)
- N-Strike Modulus (white, green, gray, and orange)
- BattleCamo Series (white, dark blue, light blue, black, gray, and orange)
- Stryfe CQ-10 (blue, black, and orange)
The Stryfe was also released with a Double Your Darts value pack that comes packaged with six extra Special Edition Elite Darts. It has also been released in its own Mission Kit, the Stryfe CS-18 Mission Kit, along with a barrel extension, a shoulder stock, an Assault Grip, an eighteen dart clip, and eighteen Elite Darts.
The Stryfe is one of the most popular candidates for modification. The blaster is often modded with enhanced voltage, flywheels, 3D printed parts, cosmetic shell kits and even full-auto conversions. It is sometimes integrated with other blasters such as the Rayven. Removing locks can allow the user to pull the trigger freely and rev the blaster freely, and will mildly decrease jamming.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Stryfe, press and hold the clip release button and remove the equipped clip. Load up to six darts into the packaged clip and load it into the blaster. Turn the blaster back on and pull the acceleration trigger to rev up the flywheels.
Pull the firing trigger to fire a dart.
It may take a moment for the flywheel system to reach full speed; if full acceleration is not permitted, range will be decreased.
- Due to the Stryfe not being designed with a specific extension in mind, the Retaliator's barrel extension tends to wobble when attached.
- This problem can be fixed by simply putting pieces of paper in between the extension and Stryfe or put a thin layer of adhesive rubber padding.
- Due to the inner barrel width of the Longstrike CS-6's barrel extension, it will be worn down on the inside when attached to the Stryfe (if it can be attached at all). It does not wobble like the Retaliator's barrel extension, however.
- It is believed to be derived from the Barricade clip modification, which attaches a receiver to a Barricade, effectively making it a clip fed blaster. The Stryfe eliminates the need for this modification.
- The definition of "strife" is an angry disagreement or conflict.
- The Stryfe is referred to as the "Stryfe CS-18" in its Mission Kit.
- There was an older version of the Stryfe that was available for the first few months of the Stryfe's release that had boosted motors. It is unknown as to why the motors were downgraded.
- The 2018 N-Strike Elite re-release's name was originally given to the BattleCamo variant, on leaked packaging images. The change for this is unknown.
- The original blue Stryfe is quite rare, and can occasionally be found peaking at 100 USD on eBay.
|The full image gallery for Stryfe (N-Strike Elite) may be viewed at Stryfe (N-Strike Elite)/Gallery.|
- ↑ Americanas: Lança Dardo Nerf Elite Stryfe - A0711. Americanas.com.br
- ↑ Jason Fagone (2012-09-08). How Nerf Became the World's Best Purveyor of Big Guns for Kids | Wired Design | Wired.com. Wired.com.
- ↑ MyLastDart (2013-08-11). MyLastDart: NEW Nerf Elite Stryfe Mission Kit. mylastdart.blogspot.co.uk
|N-Strike Elite blasters|
|2012||Hail-Fire • Rampage (Elite XD) • Retaliator (Elite XD) • Stockade (Elite XD)|
|2013||Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Firestrike (Elite XD) • RapidStrike CS-18 (Elite XD) • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • Spectre REV-5 • Strongarm (Elite XD) • Stryfe (Elite XD) • Triad EX-3 (Elite XD)|
|2014||Cam ECS-12 • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Rhino-Fire • Rough Cut 2x4 • Sidestrike|
|2015||Alpha Trooper CS-6 • CrossBolt • Jolt • SplitStrike|
|2016||BowStrike • Dual-Strike • HyperFire • PocketStrike • SharpFire • SnapFire • StratoBow|
|2017||Disruptor • RayvenFire|
|2018||Delta Trooper • Infinus • Scout MKII • Stryfe CQ-10 • Surestrike • SurgeFire|
|2019||Rukkus ICS-8 • Titan CS-50 • Trilogy DS-15|
|Clip system blasters|
|N-Strike||Alpha Trooper CS-18 • Deploy CS-6 • Longshot CS-6 • Longstrike CS-6 • Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 • Rayven CS-18 • Recon CS-6 • Stampede ECS|
|N-Strike Elite||Alpha Trooper CS-6 • Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Cam ECS-12 • CrossBolt • Delta Trooper • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Hail-Fire • HyperFire • Infinus • Rampage • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • RayvenFire • Retaliator • Rhino-Fire • Stryfe • Stryfe CQ-10|
|N-Strike Modulus||Demolisher • Evader • LongStrike • Mediator • Modulus ECS-10 • Recon MKII • Regulator • Tri-Strike|
|Zombie Strike||RevReaper • Scravenger • SlingFire • Revoltinator|
|Other Nerf blasters||AccuTrooper • Allegiant Blaster • AR-L • Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu) Deluxe Blaster • Desolator • Double Dealer • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster (GlowStrike) • Rapid Red • RaptorStrike • Sergeant Jyn Erso Deluxe Blaster • StratoHawk|
|Non-Nerf blasters||Brute • Champion • Eradicator • Sentinel • Snipe • Tactical Storm • Thermal Hunter|