|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
Not to be confused with the Slingfire DX400.
The SlingFire is a lever-action clip system blaster. A lever release button is located on the left side of the blaster, which will allow the blaster to return to its resting position, in case of a jam. Some variants of this blaster do not feature this button, however. A jam door provides access to loaded darts, in order to clear any jams that occur.
It features an integrated shoulder stock, as well as an iron sight atop the muzzle. One tactical rail sits behind the jam door. There are three sling points: one built into the shoulder stock, and two above the muzzle.
It advertises a firing range of up to seventy-five feet (twenty-two meters).
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
You never know when the zombies will strike, so stay prepared with the Zombie Strike SlingFire blaster from the Nerf brand. The SlingFire blaster fires 6 darts with lever-acting blasting. To load a dart into the barrel, swing the lever down then up, or hold the lever and flick the blaster forward and back for quick, one-handed loading! Pull the trigger to unleash 1 Zombie Strike dart. Swing or flick again to load another dart into the barrel. Zombies beware!
The Australian release for the SlingFire was in September of 2014.
The SlingFire uses a direct plunger system.
The shoulder stock can be removed by removing the screw in the center of the brown section of the stock that is above the trigger and sliding the stock straight back. The blaster is completely functional without the stock.
On some models, the jam door may be loose and may open unintentionally. This can be fixed by wedging a small piece of paper behind the hinge of the door or tightening the screws around the jam door.
There is a value pack that includes an extra twenty-five dart drum and twenty-five darts. This value pack is exclusive to Kohl's in the United States and to Galeria Kaufhof department stores in Germany.
- The SlingFire was the first clip system Zombie Strike blaster.
- Due to the lever-action design, one can single-handedly operate this blaster.
- It is the one of three Nerf blasters to be able to fully function with the jam door open, the others being the Revonix360 and the CrossBolt.
- The pre-production model features a green jam door, rather than the orange one seen on the final product.
- The SlingFire was the second Nerf blaster to feature a lever-action mechanism for priming, the first being the Multishot Madness Diatron.
|The full image gallery for SlingFire may be viewed at SlingFire/Gallery.|
- Vigilante (2014-01-13). New Zombiestrike Slingfire Photo, Product Description, Retail Price Found Here (Article). Basic Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-01-19.
- Vigilante (2014-09-18). Nerf Zombie Strike Slingfire & 25 Dart Drum Package Deal from Kohls (Article). Basic Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-11-09.
- IAmBobololo (2014-07-02). Review: Nerf Zombie Strike Slingfire Unboxing (It's disappointing!) (Video). YouTube. Retrieved on 2014-09-02.