|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
Not to be confused with the Slingfire DX400.
Unlike most blasters, the SlingFire's firing trigger is in the shape of a real blade trigger, likely because of the lever-action priming mechanism. Notably, it is the one of three Nerf blasters to be able to fully function with the jam door open, the other blasters being the Revonix360 and the CrossBolt. The shoulder stock can be removed by removing the screw in the center of the brown section of the stock that is above the trigger and sliding the stock straight back. The blaster is completely functional without the stock. The lever is reinforced with a metal bar.
There is a lever release button located on the left-hand side of the blaster just below the reloading instructions. Pressing this will allow the lever to return to the regular position if the blaster is jammed or if the lever is stuck. Some variants of the SlingFire do not feature the button.
It advertises a firing range of up to seventy-five feet (twenty-two meters).
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
You never know when the zombies will strike, so stay prepared with the Zombie Strike SlingFire blaster from the Nerf brand. The SlingFire blaster fires 6 darts with lever-acting blasting. To load a dart into the barrel, swing the lever down then up, or hold the lever and flick the blaster forward and back for quick, one-handed loading! Pull the trigger to unleash 1 Zombie Strike dart. Swing or flick again to load another dart into the barrel. Zombies beware!
The Australian release for the SlingFire was in September..
There is a value pack that includes an extra twenty-five dart drum and twenty-five darts. This value pack is exclusive to Kohl's in the United States and to Galeria Kaufhof department stores in Germany.
- Due to the lever action design, one can single-handedly operate this blaster.
- The lever-action mechanism is similar to that of the Buzz Bee Rapid Fire Tek.
- Some photos of the blaster show it featuring a green jam door when in reality it is orange. This is because the pre-production model was seen with a green jam door, a feature that changed in the final production model.
- On some models, the jam door may be loose and may open unintentionally. This can be fixed by wedging a small piece of paper behind the hinge of the door or tightening the screws around the jam door.
- The SlingFire was the second Nerf brand blaster to feature a lever-action mechanism for priming, the first being the Multishot Madness Diatron.
|The full image gallery for SlingFire may be viewed at SlingFire/Gallery.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Vigilante (2014-01-13). New Zombiestrike Slingfire Photo, Product Description, Retail Price Found Here (Article). Basic Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-01-19.
- ↑ Vigilante (2014-09-18). Nerf Zombie Strike Slingfire & 25 Dart Drum Package Deal from Kohls (Article). Basic Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-11-09.
- ↑ IAmBobololo (2014-07-02). Review: Nerf Zombie Strike Slingfire Unboxing (It's disappointing!) (Video). YouTube. Retrieved on 2014-09-02.