|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
Not to be confused with the Zuru blaster of the same name.
The Side Winder is a blaster that uses a variation of HAMP-action similar to slam fire to fire. It comes with a removable thirty dart drum which is currently not compatible with any other blasters. While it may appear to have a firing trigger, the trigger itself is non-functional and is instead a false trigger; while not highly noticeable on the green color scheme of the blaster, this is very evident on the blue color scheme variant. A jam door is found on the left side of the blaster to help in the event of a jam.
An interesting feature of the blaster is its firing mechanism, which does not rely on spring or air power to fire. Instead, the priming mechanism also acts as a plunger, and upon reaching the farthest back position, the Side Winder will fire.
It advertises a firing range of up to thirty feet (nine meters).
|This is an official description from BuzzBeeToys.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
This blaster was spotted in a green color scheme sometime in 2014. This particular variant (and all re-releases onward) renamed the blaster to Sidewinder, removing the added space seen with the original blue variant.
The Side Winder has been released with the following color schemes:
- Side Winder (blue, silver, and orange)
- Sidewinder (green, yellow, and orange)
- This blaster was the largest blaster out of Buzz Bee's 2013 line.
- The pre-production version of the blue Side Winder was initially seen with a blue trigger, while in the final production blaster it was orange.
- The Side Winder has one of the highest capacities out of all Buzz Bee blasters.
- The Side Winder and Sidewinder have interchangeable connector pieces, but the drums are not interchangeable. The newer Sidewinder drum has the same capacity and diameter, but is taller than the original Side Winder drum.
- It bears a strong resemblance to a Nerf Raider Rapid Fire CS-35, although it is a much thinner blaster in comparison.
|The full image gallery for Side Winder may be viewed at Side Winder/Gallery.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Buffdaddy (2013-08-20). Buzz Bee Sidewinder Review and Thoughts (Article/Review). Buffdaddy Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-08-14.
- ↑ SIDEWINDER Trademark of Buzz Bee Toys, Inc. - Registration Number 4629695 - Serial Number 86049960. Justia Trademarks (2013-08-28). Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-08-14.
- ↑ Pocket. Esq. (2013-07-24). Buzzbee Side winder : That's... some firepower. (Article). Urban Taggers. Archived from the original on 2017-06-23. Retrieved on 2014-08-14.
|Air Warriors blasters|
|2010||Air Tek 8 • Hawk • Hunter|
|2011||Automatic 20 • Belt Blaster • Berserker • Blow Blaster • Double Shot • Maniac • Mech 12 • Pirate Blaster • RADS 12 • Surge 6 • Surge 10 • Tek 3 • Tek 4 • Tek 6 • Tek 10 • Tetra-Strike • Torrent • Turbo 12|
|2012||Cougar • Jaguar • Overlord • Rapid Fire Tek • Rogue|
|2013||Auto Tek 20 • Side Winder • Tek 5|
|2015||GunSmoke • Power Bow • Predator • Sonic 6 • Vampire Hunter|
|2017||Barbarian • Carnivore • Decimator • Eradicator • Merlin • Monorail Blaster • Rail Raider • Sentry • Stryker Force • Tactical Storm • Thermal Hunter • Thermal Zenith • Zenith|
|2018||Covert Squad • Demolisher • Reaper|