|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It comes packaged with two Micro Darts and a cardboard target.
The Secret Strike AS-1 is a very small air-powered blaster; its pump is located under the muzzle of the blaster. It does not have a tactical rail mainly due to its size. Instead of a trigger, this blaster features a firing button, which is located on top of the blaster. It comes with a belt clip attached to its bottom so that a person may clip to their belt. It does not feature a conventional handle, including a small section to rest one's hand against instead.
It advertises a firing range of up to thirty feet (nine meters).
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
The SECRET STRIKE AS-1 blaster offers a powerful blast in a stealth size! This compact, air-powered blaster sends foam darts sailing at your target – up to 30 feet away! And the convenient belt-clip means you can stow your blaster within easy reach!
The packaging was updated alongside the rest of the N-Strike line in 2010. For this update, the cardboard target on the back of the packaging was removed.
The Secret Strike AS-1 has been released in the following color schemes:
- Yellow, gray, and orange
- Blue, yellow, and orange
- Blue, black, and orange
- Yellow, translucent orange, and black
Reloading and firing
To reload the Secret Strike AS-1, load a dart into the muzzle.
Pump up to five times then press the firing button at the top of the blaster to fire.
A common misconception is that users may be able to increase firing power by pumping more than ten times, however this causes the blaster to be heavily prone to air tank damage. The damage caused by overpumping usually results in air pressure from pumping quickly escaping or inability to put a significant amount of pressure in the blaster. As a result, the blaster will no longer be able to fire at the same potential range it would receive otherwise. Because of this, it is not recommended to pump the blaster over five times.
- The Micro Darts included with this blaster have black tips instead of blue or purple as seen in the Maverick REV-6.
- This blaster used to hold the title of smallest Nerf blaster; it is currently the second smallest, with the Jolt EX-1 being the current title holder.
- It is rumored that the Secret Strike was available as a McDonald's Happy Meal toy in the United States, although there is no known proof to verify this.
- The Secret Strike is tied with the Titan AS-V.1 for the lowest capacity air system blaster, closely followed by the Hornet AS-6.
|Air system blasters|
|Regular blasters||Hornet AS-6 • Magstrike AS-10 • Rapid Fire AS-20 • Secret Strike AS-1|
|Special blasters||Titan AS-V.1 (Air system vessel)|