|This article could benefit from being split into separate articles.|
Rough Cut 2x4 can be split into the following articles: Rough Cut 2x4 (N-Strike Elite), Rough Cut 2x4 (Zombie Strike)
|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It comes packaged with eight Elite Darts and instructions.
The Rough Cut is a pump-action blaster with a two-by-four barrel layout. It can fire two darts at a time, using a two-step firing trigger to do so, allowing the user to fire a single dart, by pulling the trigger halfway back, or two darts at the same time, by pulling the trigger all the way back. It features the use of an intelligent air restrictor system, allowing one or two darts to be fired from any of its eight barrels. It can also be slam fired in either single-fire or multi-fire modes.
It has one long tactical rail on the top of the blaster. It also has two strap points: one at the end of the blaster and one at the end of the blaster's trigger grip.
On occasion, an additional dart may unintentionally fire out of the blaster. Well-worn darts will not work in the Rough Cut, as they get pushed out of the barrels again by the plungers of the barrel-selection system.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
Slam into battle with the double-barreled domination of the ROUGH CUT 2X4 blaster! This sleek blaster lets you launch 2 Elite Darts at once at targets up to 75 feet away, and the pump-action design lets you pump repeatedly to unleash a steady double stream of darts! Launch up to 8 Elite Darts without reloading! As with most N-STRIKE blasters, the Tactical Rail lets you add most N-STRIKE Tactical Rail accessories (sold separately) for more battle capability. Power up the multishot madness of the ROUGH CUT 2X4 blaster and get ready to dominate with both barrels!
The Rough Cut is regarded as a successor to the Barrel Break IX-2, as both blasters have the ability to fire two darts simultaneously or a single shot by a half pull of the trigger, and otherwise share similar design characteristics.
The Rough Cut has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Elite (blue, white, black, gray, and orange)
- Elite XD (white, orange, and black)
- BattleCamo Series (white, blue, gray, and orange)
The Rough Cut is assembled with two lengths of screws. The three shorter ones go into the holes of the front sight and both holes in the tactical rail. The gears of the pump action are standard gears with module one-sized teeth. The smaller gear has fourteen teeth and a 2.5 mm axle.
- The Rough Cut was the first N-Strike Elite blaster to fire multiple darts at once.
- The Rough Cut was also the first blaster to feature an intelligent air restrictor system.
- The numeric 2x4 refers to its two-column by four-row barrel configuration, while the name "Rough Cut" is a play on words. In woodworking, the first cut into a plank of wood is called the "Rough Cut", and a "2x4" is a certain cut of wood.
- The name may also be a reference to the barrel being "cut" on many sawed-off shotguns, as the Rough Cut has no forward barrels to speak of.
- The Multishot Madness branding is not present on the packaging of European or Canadian releases.
- There is a chance that the air restrictor won't pop back out after firing.
- The priming grip may occasionally get stuck in a mid-stroke position, which can be fixed just by pulling it back hard.
- The popular online computer game, ROBLOX, held a promotional Nerf event for free in-game items in 2013. This included a virtual rendition of a Rough Cut with an Elite-colored Targeting Scope, as well as a Diatron.
- Interestingly, the event predated the release of the Elite Repaint Longshot CS-6, yet is extremely similar to the Elite Repaint version of the scope.
|The full image gallery for Rough Cut 2x4 may be viewed at Rough Cut 2x4/Gallery.|
- Fagone, J. (2012-09-08). How Nerf Became the World's Best Purveyor of Big Guns for Kids (Article). Wired. Archived from the original on 2016-06-12. Retrieved on 2012-09-08.
- BrightEyes (2013-03-15). Play Nerf Battle: Double Your Blasting Target Challenge Today (Article). Roblox. Archived from the original on 2019-10-26. Retrieved on 2018-12-16.
|Multishot Madness blasters|
|N-Strike Elite||Rough Cut 2x4|