The Rhino-Fire is a clip system blaster that features the ability to use two clips or drums at a time. It has two barrels which alternately fire. The barrels also collapse one after another when firing.
It features four tactical rails on top of the blaster: one tactical rail on each of the clip wells, and two in the middle of the blaster. The two rails in the middle have been merged into a single rail, which has two rail teeth. As a result, it can hold two different attachments as long as said attachments do not interfere with each other. The Rhino-Fire is one of the few blasters to feature a rail like this.
The bottom of the blaster features an attachment lug for mounting tripods. This lug is compatible with its included tripod, and can also accept the Vulcan tripod. The blaster also has two strap points at the start of each barrel. The clip release is located on the back of each clip well, similar to those found on a Rampage or Raider CS-35.
The firing trigger is in the form of a large, orange button on the top of the spade grip located at the back of the blaster. The button doubles as an acceleration trigger, where pushing it halfway will rev up the flywheels, while holding it down all the way will actually fire darts.
The Rhino-Fire has electronic locks that will only allow the blaster to fire if two clips or drums are inserted.
It is advertising a firing range of up to ninety feet (twenty-seven meters).
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Dominate any battlefield with the double-barrel assault of the Rhino-Fire blaster! You can launch a blizzard of darts at targets up to 90 feet away from the blaster’s two barrels, and its motorized firing puts you in control of the rate of fire! The blaster’s 2 drums hold 25 darts each, and comes with 50 Elite Darts. Remove the tripod when you’re on the move or attach it to steady your shots when you’re firing from a secure location. You’ll overwhelm the competition with the motorized, rapid-firing Rhino-Fire blaster!
The Rhino-Fire released as a Wal-Mart exclusive during the 2014 holiday season in the United States.
It may be intended as a spiritual successor to the Vulcan EBF-25 as both blasters feature tri-pods and high dart capacity.
The Rhino-Fire was spiritually succeeded by the N-Strike Elite Titan CS-50. This is evident from the moving barrel and fifty dart capacity.
The Rhino-Fire has been released with the following color schemes:
- White, blue, black, silver, and orange
- Blue, white, black, silver, and orange
A value pack was released for the Rhino-Fire in winter of 2015, packaged with two extra twenty-five dart drums, fifty extra darts, and six pre-packaged "D" batteries. The Rhino-Fire included in this pack is the blue variant; this is the only way to obtain the blue Rhino-Fire. This blaster set is exclusive to Costco Wholesale stores in the United States.
- It is one of the few Nerf blasters that can hold more than one clip at a time, the others being the Double Dealer which can hold two clips and the Hail-Fire, which can hold eight clips.
- Some users have noted that the packaged drums are not as reliable as other twenty-five dart drums, such as those in the Rampage.
- This blaster's value pack was the first instance of a blaster having pre-packaged batteries. Soon after, all of the Star Wars GlowStrike blasters had pre-packaged batteries as well.
- The blue Double Your Darts RhinoFire supposedly jams less than the standard white variant. The reason for this is unknown.
- On some of the blaster's packaging, it appears to have tactical rails on the sides of the barrels.
- Using two fifty dart drums, the blaster can hold and fire up to one hundred darts.
- Interestingly, the UK retailer Argos denotes it as the Rhinostrike.
|The full image gallery for Rhino-Fire may be viewed at Rhino-Fire/Gallery.|
- Vas Stampede (2014-07-07). F2A: BREAKING UPDATE: Nerf Rhino-Fire Press Release! Full info! (Article). Foam From Above. Archived from the original on 2017-03-12.