|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
The Retaliator features one tactical rail on the priming slide. However, when the included barrel extension is attached to the blaster, there are two additional tactical rails on top and below the barrel. It also has sling attachment point on the handle for use with carrying accessories, as well as room for one spare dart in the handle. At the end of the blaster and on the stock attachment area, there is a priming indicator. On the end of the barrel extension there is also a flip up sight.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
The Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator blaster is four blasters in one. Modify your blaster for any mission by changing its configuration in moments. Three interchangeable components give you the correct options for any situation, and the components work with many other N-Strike Elite blasters (each sold separately). Gear up and get ready for intense action with the Retaliator blaster.
Join the N-STRIKE team
N-STRIKE ELITE blasters are the ultimate in blaster performance. Featuring upgraded distance and the revolutionary Elite Dart, this is the final word in today's blaster technology. You need a blaster that can adapt to meet any challenge. Elite customization is yours with the RETALIATOR blaster, which is built with every possible situation in mind. Steady your shot with the Stock, or add the Assault Grip to enhance mobility in high-speed missions. Expand your possibilities for customization even further by adding the Barrel Extension, featuring top and bottom Tactical Rails, for adding other N-STRIKE accessories (each sold separately).
4 blasters in 1
Modify your RETALIATOR blaster for any mission. Three interchangeable components let you customize this cool, Clip System blaster for any situation you can imagine. Attach or remove the Stock, Assault Grip, or Barrel Extension depending on the needs of your newest adventure. You can also use these components on some other N-STRIKE blasters (each sold separately) for an incredible array of customizing possibilities. When you gear up with the RETALIATOR blaster, you’ve got everything you need to accomplish any objective.
3 interchangeable partsThe core blaster features N-STRIKE ELITE power, which can launch an Elite Dart up to 75 feet. The Stock, Barrel Extension and Assault Grip snap on and off quickly and easily. The included clip holds up to 12 Elite Darts, which are compatible with all N-STRIKE ELITE blasters and some original N-STRIKE blasters.
The Retaliator is a direct successor to the 2008 N-Strike Recon CS-6. The barrel extension is the exact same as the one found on the N-Strike Recon CS-6, the two main differences being its new color scheme and the addition of clockwise rifling.
The Retaliator has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Elite (blue, white, black, gray, and orange)
- N-Strike Elite running change "economy" variant (same plastic colors as the standard version, but sporting considerably fewer paint operations)
- Sonic ICE (clear blue, white, black, gray, and orange)
- Elite XD (white, blue, black, gray, and orange)
- Elite XD running change "economy" variant (same plastic colors as the standard version, but sporting considerably fewer paint operations)
The Retaliator, without its accessories, is included in the Rapid Strike Mission Kit, along with two eighteen dart clips and thirty-six darts. The European release of the Rapid Strike Mission Kit features an "economy" Retaliator with considerably fewer paint operations than all other releases.
There is also a Double Your Darts value pack including the "economy" version of the Retaliator and twenty-four darts.
Another value pack was released, containing the blaster, two twenty-five dart drums, fifty Elite Darts, and instructions.
- Some have reported that the Retaliator's barrel extension can be extremely hard to remove from the main blaster on some models.
- The standard and "economy" Retaliator variants can be easily told apart from the packaging. The original version depicts an older Nerf model, while the newer version a younger Nerf model. The blaster depicted on the original version's packaging sports prototype colors, whereas later shipments of the "economy" version's packaging depicts a blaster sporting a deco with varying degrees of accuracy to the actual product. However, there is also an interim version depicting a younger Nerf model and prototype colors for the blaster. In addition, the "economy" version is also included in the European release of the Rapid Strike Mission kit.
- The shoulder stock included with the Demolisher 2-In-1 will not fit on the blaster. This is due to the fact that the Demolisher stock does not have space to accommodate the extended plunger tube.
- For older Nerfers, the Retaliator stock may be a little uncomfortable due to short length.
- Some find that the overhand priming slide negates the intended comfort of the included Assault Grip, since repeatedly moving one's hand back and forth between shots is unergonomic and unstable. To counteract this, several third-party vendors since 2016 have devised underhand pump grip kits which mimic the Alpha Trooper. These allow the hand to both support and prime the blaster without having to change position.
- The barrel extension of the Retaliator is popular for integrating an underbarrel Rough Cut 2x4 as a master key.
|The full image gallery for Retaliator may be viewed at Retaliator/Gallery.|
- ↑ Outback Nerf (2013-08-25). HFCBE - Nerf Elite Retaliator (Video). YouTube. Retrieved on 2017-08-24.
- ↑ SG Nerf (2012-07-19). SG Nerf: Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator - Review! (Article/Review). SG Nerf. Retrieved on 2017-08-24.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Randomshadow09 (2012-06-06). Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator - Range Test (Stock) (Video). YouTube. Retrieved on 2017-08-24.