The Regulator is unique in that it features "SwitchFire Technology", in the form of a selector lever which allows the user to choose one of three firing modes: the standard semi-automatic mode, a "burst mode" that fires three darts one after the other, and a standard fully-automatic mode.
It is compatible with both barrel extensions and detachable shoulder stocks. It also has two tactical rails: one on top of the blaster, and one under the muzzle. It also features four sling mounts: one on the front-most barrel extension, one built into both of the core blaster's iron sights, and one in the bottom of the shoulder stock. It also has a LED light, that flashes when the loaded clip is empty.
It features the use of a conveyor system, similar to the N-Strike Elite HyperFire. This, combined with the lag of the computer chip, creates a substantial delay in firing, meaning that the "single-fire mode" does not have the instantaneous response that other semi-auto flywheel blasters have. However, this does mean that it has a faster rate of fire than other blasters (but is still slightly slower than the HyperFire's). It also has canted flywheels like the HyperFire, which induces a rifling effect on fired darts.
It advertises a firing range of up to ninety feet (twenty-seven meters).
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Kids can build their blaster for any mission or battle with the fully motorized Nerf Regulator blaster! With SwitchFire Technology, choose 1 of 3 firing modes; flip the switch to choose single-fire to fire 1 dart per trigger pull; select burst-fire to blast several darts per trigger pull; and switch to continuous-fire to continuously fire the darts. Load darts into both 12-dart clips, insert 1 into the blaster and store the other 1 in the storage stock. Power up the motor by holding down the acceleration button, and then let the darts fly! The indicator light blinks to let battlers know the clip is empty. Customize the blaster with the swivel handle to stabilize shots and the 2 barrel-scopes that can be used as barrel extensions or targeting scopes. Expand the customizing options with Nerf Modulus accessories and upgrade kits (each sold separately). With the full Nerf Modulus system, create over 1000 different combinations!
The Regulator was officially announced on January 30 of 2017.
- The Regulator is the only Nerf blaster to feature three-dart burst fire mode.
- When used as barrel extensions, the Long Barrel Scope and Short Barrel Scope allow for temporary "integrations" by clipping a blaster with a top vertical rail to the underside of the barrel.
- Sometimes the conveyor belt slips, leading to a reduced rate of fire and sometimes jams or malfunctions.
- Unlike other twelve dart clips, the Regulator's twelve dart clip has rubber bumpers underneath.
- Some retailers denote it as the Trilogy.
|The full image gallery for Regulator may be viewed at Regulator/Gallery.|
- ↑ Nerf. Nerf Fest 2017 (Video). Facebook. Retrieved on 2017-08-10.
- ↑ Barrett, B. (2017-01-30). New Nerf Blasters, Including a 10-Barreled Mega Monster (Article). Wired. Archived from the original on 2017-02-02. Retrieved on 2017-02-19.