|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It comes packaged with three Whistler Darts.
The Reflex IX-1 is a small single-shot blaster. It has a small tactical rail on top, which may double as iron sights to help with aiming. It also has a strap point built into the grip.
Two variations of the Reflex exist, with some early models of the blaster having a pointed keychain attachment point. Newer models have a curved point instead.
The Reflex was re-released in 2010 with updated packaging. The blaster's performance remained the same.
It was re-released again in 2013 with a Elite Repaint color scheme similar to that of the N-Strike Elite color scheme. The tactical rail on the new version has been moved from the front of the slide to the rear, and there are other minor molding differences on the slide as well.
The Reflex has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike (yellow, light gray, black, gray, and orange)
- N-Strike variant (blue, light gray, black, gray, and orange)
- Elite Repaint (blue, white, black, gray, and orange)
- Elite Repaint (blue, black, and orange)
The Reflex utilizes a reverse plunger system and exposes its plunger tube from its backside when fully primed. Despite featuring a reverse plunger system, it is quite simple to modify. Basic modifications such as air restrictor removal and barrel replacements are rather common and easy to perform. Minimization can also be done, though not to a high degree due to the already small stature of the blaster. The Reflex's small size makes it a prime candidate for integration into another blaster. More experienced modders may also be able to perform more in depth mods, including Manta-ing two Reflexes together.
The Reflex comes packaged in a number of blaster sets. One Reflex IX-1 comes with the Tech Target Set. Two Reflex blasters, one yellow and one blue, come with the Quick Blast Game. A Toys "R" Us exclusive pack, the Attack Unit, comes with six Reflex blasters.
Two Reflex blasters and ten Whistler Darts come in the Reflex IX-1 2-Pack.
- The Reflex IX-1 is known as the Handgat IX-1 in Japan.
- The Reflex is very similar in size and performance to the 2007 Eliminator, which is generally considered to be the inspiration for this blaster as well as its predecessor. The 2011 Star Wars Captain Rex Blaster, General Grievous Blaster, and Cad Bane Blaster are believed to be based on the Reflex platform, despite featuring different internals and performance.
- If the user holds the priming slide tightly while firing, the noise made by the blaster is reduced.
- The strap point has enough space to fit a dart inside it, but is not meant for ammunition storage.
- The Reflex fits perfectly inside the pocket on the N-Strike Tactical Vest.
|The full image gallery for Reflex IX-1 may be viewed at Reflex IX-1/Gallery.|
- Gage (2012-06-06). Reflex IX-2 Modification (Forum thread). NerfHaven. Archived from the original on 2017-02-09. Retrieved on 2016-05-12.
- Eclipse (2010-12-06). Reflex IX-2 Modification (Article). Nerfing Down Under. Archived from the original on 2019-12-04. Retrieved on 2016-05-12.
- Fractal Art. Nerf Reflex IX-1 CPVC Barrel Replacement. Instructables. Archived from the original on 2015-11-07. Retrieved on 2016-05-12.
- KOnerf (2011-11-11). Modifications/Paintjob pictures. (Forum thread). BritNerf. Archived from the original on 2019-12-04. Retrieved on 2019-12-04.
- MattTheSasquatch (2011-12-10). Nerf Reflex Integration Into A Nerf Recon Barrel (Forum thread). NerfHaven. Archived from the original on 2019-12-04. Retrieved on 2016-05-12.
- Pocket. Esq. (2011-02-19). Review: Star Wars Clone Wars Blaster: Captain Rex (Article). Urban Taggers. Archived from the original on 2017-04-01. Retrieved on 2016-05-12. Urban Taggers: Review - Star Wars Clone Wars Blaster: Captain Rex. UrbanTaggers.blogspot.ca
|Internal mechanism blasters|
|Barrel Break IX-2 • Reflex IX-1 • Scout IX-3|