|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
The Recon MKII is a clip system blaster advertised as being a "4-in-1" blaster, due to its included accessories. It is compatible with both barrel extensions and detachable shoulder stocks. It has two tactical rails: one on the priming slide and one on the right side of the blaster.
It advertises a firing range of up to ninety feet (twenty-seven meters).
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
Boys can build their own blaster for each mission or battle with the Nerf Modulus Recon MKII blaster from Hasbro! Customize the blaster with the stock and barrel extension to create 4 different versions of the blaster. Whether it's a stealth operation, close quarters battle, or long-range targeting, the Recon MKII blaster can be configured for the next Nerf mission. Load the blaster with the 6-dart clip and head into action. The Recon MKII blaster fires darts up to 90 feet (27 meters). Expand the customizing options with Nerf Modulus Upgrade Kits (each sold separately); with the full Nerf Modulus system, over 1000 different combinations are possible!
The Recon MKII originally suffered from a design flaw where, because of the handguard in front of the handle, the Recon MKII only accepted six dart clips, twelve dart clips, and Flip Clips. Banana clips and eighteen dart clips fit in but could not be securely locked due to a protruding section that was blocked by the handguard. All drums, excluding the thirty-five dart drum, had even larger protruding sections that made it impossible for them to fit at all.
This problem was later addressed by Hasbro and an updated, fixed version of the Recon was released. The fixed version and old version can be told apart by the barrel; the fixed version has five holes on the top (on each side), while the original version has only three. The original version is easily fixable by cutting off a plastic wall inside of the blaster in the front of the clip well.
- Some stock images of the Recon MKII have the words "Recon MKII" written in a different font than the actual product.
- There are a couple of small differences between the older blaster core that was recalled and the newer core replacing that can be used to determine the version.
- It had been previously believed that new cores only came with barrel extensions where the tactical rail was ribbed to prevent use with attachments while old cores' barrel extensions did not have this ribbing. However some old blasters have been found packaged with this ribbing and likewise some new blasters have been found packaged without it, so the ribbing on the barrel extension can not be used to tell the version of the core.
- The front of the old core has a small protrusion near the bottom with a five-dot "dice" pattern on each side. This prevented attaching tall barrel extensions, such as the Mega Dart Barrel Extension from the Tri-Strike, to the Recon MKII. The new core has this protrusion removed to give the core a flat front.
- The new core has a sloped groove on the back of clip well to accept protrusions from larger clips and the sides of the well near the back have been straightened to accommodate the wider protrusions of drums. The old core has no groove and the sides bend towards each other towards the back.
- The hand guard on the new core is narrower to provide additional space for protrusions from larger clips. This creates a noticeably shorter sloped section at the bottom of the hand guard.
|The full image gallery for Recon MKII may be viewed at Recon MKII/Gallery.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mindemann, P. (2015-10-19). New Nerf Products Outed by Online Retailer (Article). Blaster Labs. Archived from the original on 2015-10-24.
- ↑ NERF Official (2016-04-04). NERF - 'Modulus Recon MKII' Blaster Files: Inspiration (Video). YouTube.
|Clip system blasters|
|N-Strike||Alpha Trooper CS-18 • Deploy CS-6 • Longshot CS-6 • Longstrike CS-6 • Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 • Rayven CS-18 • Recon CS-6 • Stampede ECS|
|N-Strike Elite||AccuTrooper • Alpha Trooper CS-6 • Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Cam ECS-12 • CrossBolt • Delta Trooper • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Hail-Fire • HyperFire • Infinus • Rampage • RapidStrike CS-18 • RaptorStrike • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • RayvenFire • Retaliator • Rhino-Fire • StratoHawk • Stryfe • Stryfe CQ-10|
|N-Strike Modulus||Demolisher • Evader • LongStrike • Mediator • Modulus ECS-10 • Recon MKII • Regulator • Tracker ECS-10 • Tri-Strike|
|Zombie Strike||RevReaper • Scravenger • SlingFire • Revoltinator|
|Fortnite||AR-Durrr Burger • AR-E • AR-L • AR-Rippley • BASR-L • IR • SMG-E|
|Other Nerf blasters||Allegiant Blaster • Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu) Deluxe Blaster • Desolator • Double Dealer • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster (GlowStrike) • Flyte CS-10 • Rapid Red • Sergeant Jyn Erso Deluxe Blaster|