|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
The Recon CS-6 is a slide-action clip-fed blaster. It features compatibility with detachable shoulder stocks and barrel extensions, which allows it to be customized with the included accessories, advertised that users can build their own blaster with this system. A single tactical rail is located on top of the blaster's priming slide. An additional clip can be stored into the included shoulder stock, and one dart can be stored in the blaster's grip.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
Build your own blaster with five interchangeable parts that you can take apart and reassemble any way you want. Snap the parts in any configuration onto the TACTICAL RAIL accessory, and gain the upper hand in any situation that calls for awesome blasting action. Other features include a flip-up sight for aiming precision and a dual-mode light beam with red-dot accuracy that’s perfect for night missions! Use the shoulder stock to steady your shot and store an extra clip of ammo (sold separately). Get armed with the most exciting name in high-tech blasters: N-STRIKE power!
In 2008, the original Recon CS-6 was recalled, citing that hands could get caught in the exposed plunger causing skin to rip. Over 330,000 units were recalled. Nerf developed covers for the plungers and a new Recon CS-6 was put back on the market. These plunger covers are now a recurring feature on many spring-powered clip system blasters that have a shoulder stock attachment point. Owners of the pre-recall blasters were also given free replacement covers that fully encased the plunger tube to prevent further injury.
It was re-released four times, starting with the Red Strike version in 2009, as a part of a Black Friday Walmart exclusive. In 2010, it would be re-released under both the Clear Series and Sonic Series. Its last re-release was in 2011, as a Gear Up blaster.
The Recon has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike (yellow, black, gray, and orange)
- Clear Series (clear plastic and orange)
- Red Strike (red, black, gray, and orange)
- Sonic Series (clear green and orange)
- Gear Up (orange and black)
The Recon CS-6 features a reverse plunger plunger system. Because of this, it is usually disliked in modding communities. The 2008 version of the blaster notably has a shorter plunger tube, due to the 2008 product recall and redesign of the plunger.
Orange Mod Works has released three special mod kits for the Recon: a Stage 1 package with a stronger spring, a Stage 2 package with an aluminum bolt sled and plunger, and a "starter" Massacre Kit, with polycarbonate replacement parts.
The Kohls-exclusive Recon CS-6 Special Edition includes a Recon, as well as two additional six dart clip and twelve more Streamline Darts.
- Pre-recall Recon blasters are incompatible with the Raider CS-35's stock, due to their longer plunger tubes.
- The Recon is featured as a weapon in the video games Nerf N-Strike and Nerf N-Strike Elite.
- "Recon" is a military expression short "reconnaissance".
- In a large number of advertisements, Nerf has shown the underbarrel light accessory not attached all the way onto the barrel extension. For the in-store Gear Up advertisement stand, it was even shown with the attachment on backwards.
- Similarly, in some depictions, the Recon is shown with its clip halfway removed.
- One can dual wield the Recon by using the tactical rails on the slide to prime each blaster simultaneously. This drastically reduces rate of fire, though.
|The full image gallery for Recon CS-6 may be viewed at Recon CS-6/Gallery.|
- Hasbro Inc. Recalls to Repair Nerf Blasters; Child's Skin Can Get Caught in Plunger of the Toy (Article). Hasbro. Archived from the original on 2008-10-12. Nerf Recon CS-6 Recall- WebArchive.com