|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.|
Not to be confused with the Rapid Strike Mission Kit.
The RapidStrike CS-18 is a fully-automatic clip system blaster. It features a large carrying handle, of which a sight is integrated into. This lines up with a flip-up sight above the muzzle. It also has an integrated, adjustable shoulder stock, which can be extended for use by pulling on the large stock release lever at the rear of the blaster. A jam door sits underneath the carry handle, providing access for clearing jams. Like other N-Strike Elite blasters, its clip release button is located in front of the firing trigger and its acceleration trigger.
The barrel of the blaster is notably rifled, similar to the Retaliator barrel extension. It features compatibility with barrel extensions; due to the barrel extension connector being a separate piece of plastic from the main barrel, it can loosen up, resulting in loose fitted barrel extension. It is incompatible with the LongStrike barrel extension, due to inner barrel supports.
The speed of the RapidStrike's flywheels has two stages. The slowest stage occurs when the acceleration trigger is pulled; the second, faster stage occurs while both triggers are pulled. This cures the problem in other flywheel blasters where rapid fire decreases the flywheel speed and reduces range. The change in speeds can be heard when the clip is empty.
It features five tactical rails: one on the carrying handle, one on top, one underneath, and one on each side of the blaster. There are four strap points: one on the end of the handle, two on the end of the tactical rail, and one above the muzzle.
It advertises a firing range of up to seventy-five feet (twenty-three meters).
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
Stay mobile with this streamlined, lightweight Rapidstrike CS-18 blaster! The Rapidstrike CS-18 gives you serious rapid-strike firepower. Spray a blanket of cover fire or go on the move with an all-out blitz! The blaster's Acceleration Trigger powers up the motor for super-speed firing. The clip holds all 18 of the included Elite Darts and it's see-through so you can do instant firepower checks! With a range of up to 75 feet, you've got long-range striking power and a lightning rate of fire. Get maximum mission mobility with the Rapidstrike CS-18 blaster!
The RapidStrike released early in the Philippines in May of 2013, due to the release error on the part of the distributor.
The RapidStrike CS-18 has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Elite (blue, orange, black, and gray)
- Elite XD (blue, white, black, and orange)
- "Orange-stock" Elite XD (blue, white, black, and orange, with unpainted stock)
The RapidStrike is commonly modified to be smaller and "minimized" through the removal of most of the front half of the blaster.
Voltage modification is also popular with the RapidStrike, to increase rate of fire and improve overall performance.
The RapidStrike CS-18 Rapid Reload Pack includes a RapidStrike CS-18 blaster, alongside two clear eighteen dart clips, and thirty-six Elite Darts. This pack is exclusive to Walmart stores in the United States and to Müller stores in Germany.
- The RapidStrike is likely a spiritual successor to the 2009 N-Strike Stampede ECS, due to various similarities between the two blasters, such as its abundance of tactical rails and fully-automatic firing mode.
- Around the time of the blaster's release, the official Nerf page on Facebook boasted that the RapidStrike could unload its clip in 5.62 seconds (roughly 3.2 darts a second). This time is reported to have come from a Nerf-produced video of the RapidStrike which was officially timed during testing phase, though RapidStrike commercials just round it back off to six seconds.
- When the RapidStrike's stock is collapsed and no barrel extensions are equipped, it is the same length as the Rampage.
- The Ultimate Nerf Blaster Book misspells the blaster as the Rapidstrike CS-18 and the Rapid Strike CS-18.
|The full image gallery for RapidStrike CS-18 may be viewed at RapidStrike CS-18/Gallery.|
- Vigilante (2013-06-22). Elite Rapidstrike CS-18, Vortex Revonix360 confirmed for Fall 2013 USA Release (Article). Basic Nerf. Archived from the original on 2013-09-15. Retrieved on 2013-06-23.
- RapidStrike CS-18 on the Nerf website (archived link)
- RapidStrike CS-18 instructions on the Hasbro website