|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It is a Toys "R" Us exclusive in Hong Kong.
The Pyragon is the first Vortex blaster that is able to be slam fired. It is compatible with all disc magazines. One tactical rail is located on the top of the blaster. It is also compatible with most shoulder stocks.
The Pyragon has been released with the following color schemes:
- Vortex (white, black, grey, and orange)
- Vortex re-release (white, green, black, grey, and orange)
- Vortex VTX (blue, green, gray, black, and orange)
Reloading and firing
To reload the Pyragon, press the magazine release button to remove any loaded drums in the blaster. Load up to forty discs into the packaged forty disc drum. Pull the slam fire handle back and load in the packaged forty disc drum. Push the slam fire handle forward to prime the blaster and chamber a disc.
Pull the trigger to fire a disc.
To slam fire, pull and hold down the trigger and move the slam fire handle back and forward repeatedly.
If a disc is already chambered when replacing a magazine or drum, no additional priming is necessary and the blaster is able to hold one more dart than the magazine's standard capacity.
- The name "Pyragon" may have come from the word "paragon" meaning "a person or thing regarded as a model of excellence", which fits this blaster's performance, and the word "pyro", meaning fire. This matches the Pyragon's orange and white color scheme.
- It has the highest ammunition capacity of any Vortex blaster.
- When first announced, it was assumed it was a reshelled Praxis. This was proven wrong when more information was released.
- The Retaliator shoulder stock is not compatible with this blaster.
|The full image gallery for Pyragon may be viewed at Pyragon/Gallery.|
- ↑ SG Nerf: Singapore Nerf Stock List. SGNerf.blogspot.ca
- ↑ Nerf (2012-07-31). Nerf Vortex Pyragon - Speed Test - YouTube. YouTube.com.
- ↑ Randomshadow09 (2012-06-21). Nerf Vortex Pyragon - Range Test (Stock) - YouTube. YouTube.com.
- ↑ Nerf Nation (2012-07-16). Wall Photos. Facebook.com.
- ↑ Basic Nerf (2011-08-11). The N-Strike Elite Retaliator Stock does not fit on the Vortex Pyragon (Photos). basicnerf.wordpress.com.
|2011||Nitron • Praxis • Proton • Vigilon|