|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
The PowerClip is an air-powered blaster that features an integrated ten dart clip. This clip indexes vertically out of the blaster as it is fired. Similar to other AirJet Power Plus blasters, it features a half-translucent shell.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
Junior space aliens will love the futuristic translucent design of the Power Clip blaster, as they launch up to 10 darts in a row. Whistling foam darts are low impact. Includes 5 whistling darts and 5 regular darts.
It is unknown exactly when the PowerClip was released, although sources point to a release sometime between August and October 2000.
After the AirJet Power Plus series was discontinued, the PowerClip was re-released under the Power Nerf series.
In 2004, word began to spread that the PowerClip would be re-released as a K-Mart exclusive, similar to the blasters in the Action Blasters series. Despite this, the re-release never came, and it appeared that plans for the blaster's re-release had been dropped.
Reloading and firing
To reload the PowerClip, load up to ten darts in its integrated clip. Pump the blaster fifteen times to fully prime it.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart. Keep the trigger pulled back to continually fire darts.
- The PowerClip gained considerable fame in Australia as the first Nerf blaster to be regularly modified.
- Like other semi/full-auto blasters, it is possible to dual-wield the PowerClip. Due to its pump-action priming mechanism, though, this can be difficult to pull off effectively.
- It is also known as the "PowerClip DX1000" on some websites and, notably, in a Power Nerf commercial. Normally, however, the blaster referred to as just the PowerClip. Packaging for the blaster also refers to it without the DX1000 moniker.
- The PowerClip is considered a predecessor in spirit to the Dart Tag Magstrike, which utilized many of the features seen in the PowerClip such as the ten dart clip and the frontally-located pump.
- Grau, A.; Michal, M.; Hlabse, A.. NC Review - Nerf® PowerClip(TM) (Review). NerfCenter. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2017-08-24.
- Nerf PowerClip DX 1000 (Review). Dart Strike. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2017-08-24.
- Grau, A.. Nerf®Center Previews. NerfCenter. Archived from the original on 2000-08-17. Retrieved on 2014-07-01.
|AirJet Power Plus blasters|
|FastBlast • PowerClip • SplitFire|
|Power Nerf blasters|
|2000||Ballzooka MP150 • PowerClip|
|2001||Arrow Strike • Blast Fire DX500 • Secret Strike Pocket Blaster • Slingfire DX400 • Striker Slingshot|