The Nemesis MXVII-10K is a fully automatic blaster. It features two tactical rails: a long rail on top of the hopper and a smaller one below the muzzle. On either end of the top rail are integrated, flip-up sights. The end of the blaster can act as a shoulder stock.
Unlike previous blasters, the Nemesis uses a large removable hopper with an agitator that advances the rounds into its flywheels. The feeding mechanism will not operate when the hopper is removed.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Experience intense head-to-head competition with the precision and power of the Nerf Rival Nemesis MXVII-10K blaster. This fully motorized blaster has a high-capacity hopper that holds up to 100 high-impact rounds. Fill the easy-loading hopper and unleash a blistering blast of rounds at a velocity of 100 feet per second (30 meters per second). The blaster is available in blue and red (each sold separately), so choose a color and go into battle as Team Red or Team Blue. Power it with batteries or the Nerf Rival Rechargeable Battery Pack (batteries not included and battery pack sold separately). Includes 100 high-impact rounds. Experience the intensity of Nerf Rival with the Nemesis MXVII-10K blaster!
The Nemesis was originally leaked online on January 20, 2017. Five days later, it was officially announced on multiple news media sites.
The Nemesis has been released with the following color schemes:
- Team Red (red, black, white, and orange)
- Team Blue (blue, black, white, and orange)
- The Nemesis MXVII-10K is named after Nemesis, the Greek goddess who enacts vengeance on those who succumb to hubris (arrogance before the gods).
- With its one hundred-round hopper, the Nemesis MXVII-10K has the third-highest ammunition capacity of any Nerf blaster in history, the second highest being the new Prometheus MXVIII-20K, with a capacity of two hundred rounds, and the highest being the N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire, which was advertised as having a 144-dart capacity and can hold up to 288 darts if used with sixteen eighteen dart clips held together by Flip Clips.
- However, since the Hail-Fire is fed through the use of multiple clips, the Nemesis holds the distinction of the second-highest ammo capacity among single-fed blasters, the first most again being the Prometheus MXVIII-20K.
- Along with that, it is also the second-highest-capacity RIVAL series blaster released by far.
- The Nemesis is compatible with the Hera MXVII-1200's battery tray, meaning that it can potentially take "C" batteries instead of "D" ones.
- It could be considered a successor to the Khaos MXVI-4000, since both feature full auto firing.
- The Nemesis is the first stock Nerf blaster to use a hopper system.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Limer, E. (2017-01-27). Nerf's New Rival Nemesis MXVII-10K Blaster Just Keeps Firing Forever (Article). Popular Mechanics. Archived from the original on 2018-06-15. Retrieved on 2017-01-27.
- Team Red Nemesis MXVII-10K on the Nerf website (archived link)
- Team Blue Nemesis MXVII-10K on the Nerf website (archived link)