|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.
Unlike other bow-like Nerf blasters that feature faux bow strings attached to a plunger system, the Mega ThunderBow has its bow arms attached to the plunger system. There is an indicator on the back of the blaster which turns green when the string is pulled back all the way. It does not feature any tactical rails.
The Mega ThunderBow has been released in the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Mega (red, black, silver, gray, and orange)
- N-Strike Mega variant (red, black, silver, gray, and orange)
- Sonic ICE (clear blue, black, silver, gray, and orange)
- Sonic ICE variant (clear blue, black, silver, gray, and orange)
Reloading and firing
To reload the Mega ThunderBow, load up to five Mega Darts into the front barrels. Pull the string back until the bow arms move back and the indicator turns green.
Release the string to fire a dart.
Interestingly, compared to the N-Strike Blazin' Bow and Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow, the Mega ThunderBow does not require the string to be released like a conventional bow, the string can be slowly moved forward and the plunger will be released at about the same strength as if the user had released the bow string normally. This in turn creates a pseudo-slam fire effect by pulling the string back and forth to increase the rate of fire.
This is because the mechanism is only the bow arms moving back and forth.
|The full image gallery for Mega ThunderBow may be viewed at Mega ThunderBow/Gallery.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 MANIA EXCLUSIVE: NERF N-STRIKE MEGA THUNDERBOW. Mania.com
- ↑ Basic Nerf (2014-01-13). Australia Gets Prices & Release Months for Fall 2014 Nerf Blasters. BasicNerf.com.
- ↑ Basic Nerf (2014-01-19). Mania - Beyond Entertainment Debuts the New Nerf Mega Thunderbow, with Possible New Mega Ammo System. basicnerf.wordpress.com.
|N-Strike Mega blasters|
|2014||Magnus • Mega ThunderBow|
|2015||BigShock • CycloneShock • RotoFury|
|2016||HotShock • Lightning Bow • Mega Mastodon|
|2017||DoubleBreach • TwinShock|