|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
Not to be confused with the Buzz Bee blaster of the same name.
It comes packaged with eight Ballistic Balls.
The Master Blaster is a pump-action ball blaster that features two barrels that each hold up to four balls at once. It alternates which barrel it fires from as it is pumped. There is a handle located beside the top barrel.
The blaster was not originally a Nerf product, having first released in 1991 under the "Gotcha" brand as the Super Blaster in Europe. This version was the same color and was overall the exact same blaster in design and functionality as its more well-known Nerf counterpart. This variation was sold until at least 1993.
Under the Nerf brand as the Master Blaster, it was only sold on the market for a limited amount of time. For reasons unknown, it was quickly pulled from store shelves.
- The Master Blaster commercial says that the blaster is eight times more power, ammo, and trouble. This may be a reference to the Blast-a-Ball, which only fired one ball as compared to the Master Blaster's eight ball capacity.
- Master Blasters often won't fire from the lower barrel, and might not at all with one shot loaded in the upper barrel and one in the lower one.
- The blaster may also occasionally fire from both barrels at once.
- The Japanese version's ball holder is green, not yellow.
- At the time of its release, it had the highest capacity of any Nerf blaster ever.
|The full image gallery for Master Blaster may be viewed at Master Blaster/Gallery.|
|Original Nerf blasters|
|1991||Bow 'n' Arrow|
|1992||Master Blaster • Missilestorm • Missile Launcher • NB-1 Missile Blaster • Sharpshooter • Slingshot • Zap Snaps|