|This product has not been confirmed or announced by Nerf or Hasbro, despite proof of its existence.
The Kronos holds up to five High-Impact Rounds in an internal magazine, curved to reduce space. The rounds are indexed by a torsion spring-assisted follower that pushes them into a chamber. It features two tactical rails between the set of integrated iron sights, and a single strap point built into the handle. The loading door can be opened and used as a jam door should a jam occur, and on the back of the Kronos is a priming indicator and an unjamming button, which when pressed unlocks the slide to fix a jam. Similar to other RIVAL blasters, the Kronos incorporates a safety feature which can be activated via switch on the left side, just above the firing trigger.
The Kronos XVIII-500 has been released in the following color schemes:
- Team Red (red, black, and white)
- Team Blue (blue, black, and white)
- Deadpool (red and black)
- Phantom Corps (white and black)
Reloading and firing
To reload the Kronos, simply pull back the priming slide, and open up the loading door to load up to five High-Impact Rounds into the integrated magazine. Push the slide back forward to prime the blaster.
Pull the firing trigger to fire a round.
- The Kronos is named after Cronus, the leader and youngest of the first generation of the Titans in Greek mythology; perhaps the blaster's name refers to the fact that it is smallest Rival blaster.
- The Kronos has the lowest capacity of any RIVAL blaster. Therefore, it also is the cheapest RIVAL blaster released so far.
- This is the second RIVAL blaster to use an internal magazine, the first being the Artemis XVII-3000, and the third being the Hades XVIII-6000.
- The Kronos shares some similarities with the Vortex Vigilon, as both are small blasters with internal magazines and similar capacity. It is also similar to the N-Strike Mega Magnus, in that it loads the internal magazine through the top of the breech.
- Double-priming the Kronos by use of the jamming button permits more rounds in the chamber, it can range from two to four, but range becomes unpredictable and may suffer tremendously. Loading too many rounds could also cause the blaster to jam.
- Some Nerfers have made their own 3D printed speedloaders to make reloading the Kronos easier. The speedloader sits above the opening of the magazine, and users drop the rounds from the loader into it, similar to how a stripper clip works.
- ↑ LordDraconical (2017-09-10). First Review: RIVAL KRONOS PISTOL (Full Demo, So Awesome!). YouTube.com.
- ↑ Coop772 (2017-11-18). [REVIEW] Nerf Rival Deadpool Kronos XVIII-500 | RIVAL PISTOL! YouTube.com.
|2015||Apollo XV-700 • Zeus MXV-1200|
|2016||Atlas XVI-1200 • Khaos MXVI-4000|
|2017||Artemis XVII-3000 • Nemesis MXVII-10K|
|2018||Helios XVIII-700 • Kronos XVIII-500|