It comes packaged with two Whistler Darts and instructions. The N-Strike Elite version comes packaged with two Elite Darts and instructions. The Zombie Strike version comes packaged in the Target Set. The Rebelle version comes packaged in the Knock Out Gallery.
Like the LongStrike CS-6 and the Raider CS-35, the Jolt does not feature the standard N-Strike color scheme. Instead, it features a color scheme similar to that of the Gear Up series. It currently holds the title of the smallest blaster released by Hasbro, beating out the Secret Strike AS-1. The blaster has no tactical rail due to its small size.
The majority of the blaster is one solid piece, rather than two halves like many others. The only separate pieces are the trigger mechanism, the plunger, and a plate from which the plunger projects. Like most blasters of its type, it doesn't accept Streamline Darts without modification.
The top of the blaster's barrel is capable of attaching its proprietary clip-on sight.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
Don’t be fooled by this blaster’s micro size, because it’s got macro power and super stealth! Load your blaster up with the 2 included Whistler darts. Hide it in your pocket to maneuver in close to your enemy, then pull down the cocking handle to ready. Pull the trigger to fire a barrage of ammo to win the day!
The Jolt was re-released under the unofficial Elite Repaint series in 2013, where it was released in opaque blue, similar to that of N-Strike Elite blasters. This Jolt was given an additional orange plastic muzzle to accommodate the change in color. It also received translucent orange, blue and green color schemes. That same year, a reshelled version called the Stinger was released under the Dart Tag series.
The Jolt was re-released in 2014 as a Zombie Strike blaster in the Target Set with a clip-on sight, and as a Rebelle blaster with the Knock Out Gallery blaster set.
In 2015, it was re-released under the N-Strike Elite line. Like the original, it has a lack of a plastic muzzle found on other modern versions, as the blaster is opaque orange. It was also reshelled as the Rebelle Improv this same year.
The Jolt has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike (orange, black, gray, and orange)
- N-Strike Elite (orange and black)
- Zombie Strike (green, brown, gray, and orange; packaged in the Target Set)
- Rebelle (white, pink, aqua, black, and orange; packaged in the Knock Out Gallery)
- Elite Repaint (blue, white, black, gray, and orange)
- Elite Repaint (blue, white, black, gray, and orange)
- Elite Repaint (clear orange and orange)
- Elite Repaint (clear green and orange)
- Elite Repaint (clear blue and orange)
- Elite Repaint (clear, blue, and orange)
- Sonic FIRE (clear red, white, and orange)
- Sonic ICE (clear blue, white, and orange
The Jolt has been reshelled as the following unique blasters:
- Alpha Strike Stinger SD-1
- Clue Elimination (red, black, gray, and orange)
- Clue Elimination (yellow, black, gray, and orange)
- Clue Elimination (green, black, gray, and orange)
- Clue Elimination (blue, black, gray, and orange)
- Connect 4 Blast! (red, and blue)
- Dart Tag Stinger
- Fortnite Micro AR-I
- Fortnite Micro HC-E
- Fortnite Micro HC-I
- Fortnite Micro Ice Battle Bus
- Fortnite Micro Ice Llama
- Fortnite Micro Peely
- Fortnite Micro Rainbow Smash
- Fortnite Micro RL-I
- Fortnite Micro RL-L
- Fortnite Micro TS-E
- Fortnite Micro TS-I
- Fortnite Micro TS-R
- Halo Needler
- Halo SPNKr
- Marvel Star-Lord Battle Gear blaster
- The Micro Shots sub-series
- N-Strike Elite PocketStrike
- N-Strike Modulus Blaster Stock
- Power Rangers Striker Morpher Blaster
- Rebelle Sneak Attacker / Angel Aim / Cool Camo / Femme Fire / Pretty Paisley / Rockin' Roses / Starring Role
- Rebelle Code Red Collection Sweet Mystery
- Rebelle Charmed Grace Fire
- Rebelle Remix Improv
- Rebelle Secrets & Spies Bliss
- Zombie Strike Clampdown
The Clue Elimination game comes packaged with four custom Jolts.
A value pack of the Jolt is sold in mainland China as the Jolt Target Value Set which includes an Elite Repaint Jolt, a target, and ten Micro Darts, although the packaging claims that they are Suction Darts.
There is a value pack of the Mega ThunderBow that includes five Mega Darts, a Jolt, three Elite Darts, and three targets. The targets are recolored versions of the targets included with the Target Set, which also includes a Jolt.
Because of its size and simple internals, there is little to no room for modification. Removal of the air restrictor may actually cause problems with darts blocking the air chamber. It is, however, a good candidate for a blaster integration due to its size.
- The Jolt is one of two N-Strike blasters (the other being the Rayven CS-18) to have a non-standard colour scheme and have no number code on the blaster's shell.
- Strangely, the recolored Jolt used to be listed as an N-Strike Elite product on the Nerf website, despite only being listed as N-Strike on the package.
- When a Whistler Dart has been used excessively in the Jolt, it slides out slightly when primed. This is due to the air restrictor.
- In February of 2017, the Jolt became the subject of a Nerf YouTube comment meme, in which users in the comments sections of Nerf-related videos would claim that any (and all) blasters presented in such videos are "a Jolt re-skin," which is another term for a Jolt reshell or repaint. This meme supposedly arose due to the fact that at the time, Nerf had been releasing a seemingly large amount of blasters that were similar to the Jolt.
- The meme became even more purposely absurd as users jokingly started to use the term "Jolt re-skin" to refer to blasters that had nothing mechanically in common with the Jolt, such as clip system blasters or flywheel-powered blasters.
- The meme became further reinforced when Nerf YouTuber Coop772 uploaded a joke video about a conspiracy theory, in which the Longshot CS-12, Stryfe, Chainsaw, and Coop's tin foil hat were "revealed" to actually be a Jolt re-skin.
- Including reshells and color scheme re-releases, there are eighty-two variations of the Jolt.
|The full image gallery for Jolt EX-1 may be viewed at Jolt EX-1/Gallery.|
|2013||Guardian Crossbow • Heartbreaker Bow • Pink Crush • Powerbelle • Sneak Attacker • Sweet Revenge|
|2014||Jolt • Star Shot|
|2016||CornerSight • Epic Action Bow • Flipside • Lumanate • Platinum Bow • Sweet Destiny • Tribute Bow • Trilogy • Wingspeed|
|External mechanism blasters|
|N-Strike||Element EX-6 • Jolt EX-1 • Nite Finder EX-3 • Switch Shot EX-3|
|N-Strike Elite||Triad EX-3|