An intelligent air restrictor, or smart air restrictor is an internal component found in most modern Nerf blasters.
Intelligent air restrictors can be found in many modern front-loading Nerf blasters. While blasters with intelligent air restrictors have an order in which a blaster will fire darts when it is fully loaded, they allow the blaster to fire darts loaded in any barrel when it is not fully loaded. Because of the intelligent air restrictor system, it can detect what barrels are loaded and which are not, and will skip any unloaded barrels to the next available dart to fire.
List of blasters with intelligent air restrictors
- Crossfire Bow
- Grip Blaster
- Imperial Death Trooper Blaster
- Imperial Death Trooper Deluxe Blaster
- Mediator Stock blaster
- Mega Dart Barrel Extension
- Mega ThunderBow
- Rough Cut 2x4
- Secret Shot
- Scravenger shoulder stock blaster
- Strongheart Bow
- Triad EX-3
- More that one dart can be fired at a time by not loading darts into blasters properly. If darts are not loaded in all the way, the air restrictor system will not recognize them. If it does not recognize any loaded darts, the blaster will discharge air out of every barrel when it is fired.
- Because Hasbro patented this air restrictor design, Nerf is the only brand that features blasters with this type of air restrictor.
|External features||Barrel • Cylinder • Jam door • Muzzle • Priming mechanism • Tactical rail (RIVAL) • Trigger (Acceleration trigger • Firing trigger)|
|Firing mechanisms||Air bladder • Air tank • Flywheel • Plunger (Direct • Motorized direct • Reverse) • String|
|Dart delivery||Breech • Conveyor system • Dart tooth • Pusher mechanism • Rotation mechanism|
|Plunger parts||Catch • O-ring • Plunger head • Plunger tube • Plunger rod • Spring (Torsion)|
|Other internals||Air restrictor (Intelligent) • Dart post • Flywheel cage • Lock|