|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
Not to be confused with Firefly Tech.
The Firefly is a bullpup-style revolver with an eight-dart cylinder. A unique blaster in the N-Strike series, it utilizes a flash bulb to illuminate its unique glow-in-the-dark darts, allowing them to glow for a period of time. The Firefly is primed after every shot via a slide on the top, and supports a small tactical rail in front of the slide.
In addition to the eight darts stored in the cylinder, the Firefly also has an ammunition rack on either side of its integrated stock, allowing it to hold an additional eight darts.
It advertises a firing range of up to thirty feet (nine meters).
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
Go NERF at night! Take your battle into the darkness with the N-STRIKE FIREFLY REV-8! Now you can take aim at your opponent anytime, anywhere& even at night! Launch glowing NERF darts from up to 30 feet away! The rotating barrel holds up to eight darts--just pull back to power up, squeeze the trigger, and fire! Blast away and watch the barrel burst with light as you send glowing darts flying through the night! The FIREFLY REV-8's barrel lights up when you pull the trigger and sends glowing darts up to 30 feet away!
In 2010, its packaging was given an update, to fit with the rest of the N-Strike series.
The Firefly has been released with the following color schemes:
- Original/"Midnight" (blue, yellow, black, gray, and orange)
- N-Strike (yellow, black, gray, and orange)
- Iron Man (red, yellow, and orange)
The Firefly's direct plunger makes it better for modifications; when the air restrictors are removed, it gains a performance boost far superior over reverse plunger blasters, such as the Maverick REV-6.
There exists a value pack with the Firefly and forty glow-in-the-dark darts, but it is extremely hard to find.
- The Firefly is the first bullpup blaster released, preceding the Light It Up Rayven CS-18 by seven years.
- The Firefly is the second Nerf blaster to include and support use of glow-in-the-dark darts. The first was the 1997 Max Force 2112 Electric Eel.
- A negative outcome of the glow-in-the-dark feature is the fact that opposing Nerfers can see where the blaster is being fired from. Even with the flash system on, enemy Nerfers can get distracted long enough for them to get hit, or the user can move from place to place to confuse the opponent. This can be avoided altogether simply by turning off the light.
- The Firefly is featured as a weapon in the Nerf N-Strike video game.
- The Firefly's flash system takes a moment to recharge after each shot, so if a player primes and reloads the blaster fast enough, they can "outshoot" the flash system, resulting in darts not being "charged" to glow in the dark.
|The full image gallery for Firefly REV-8 may be viewed at Firefly REV-8/Gallery.|