An Elite Missile is a type of Nerf ammunition.
Elite Missiles are a large, foam ammunition type with fins and a foam head. It appears to be some sort of spiritual successor to the Mega Missile, which was included with the N-Strike Titan AS-V.1. Despite its name, it has little in common with the previous Nerf missiles; instead, it has an appearance similar to a Buzz Bee Glo-Missile.
The inner diameter of Elite Missiles is 0.6875", and the outside diameter at their widest point is 1.844". The fins are 2" long (body edge), 0.6875" wide, and 0.21875" thick.
It was first revealed on January 20, 2014 alongside the Demolisher 2-In-1. It was initially revealed with black fins, although a later Hasbro reveal showed the missile having red fins, matching the color of the blaster. Oddly, the production version of the missile was shown later on with black fins, scrapping the red fins previously seen.
It was spotted on July 5, 2014 in a refill pack at Smyths Toys' website.
In fall of 2015, these same missiles were packaged with the ThunderBlast.
In fall of 2016, the missile was packaged with the Tri-Strike, meant to be compatible with its Missile Launcher Stock.
In 2019, the missiles received a green color scheme and came packaged with the Hulk Assembler Gear. That same year, the missiles received a purple color scheme and came packaged with the RL and were known as Rockets. A "legendary" variant of the Fortnite missiles were also made in a yellow color scheme, packaged with the Legendary Supply Drop and meant for use with the RL-L.
The Elite Missile has been released in the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Elite (orange body, orange head, and gray fins)
- Assembler Gear (lime body, purple head, and green fins)
- Fortnite (purple body, orange head, and black fins)
- RL-L (yellow body, orange head, and black fins)
Elite Missiles work with the following blasters:
Elite Missiles refill packs come in the following sizes:
- The Nerf Elite Missile coincidentally fits the Buzz Bee Blastzooka and the Buzz Bee Maniac center launcher, and has been known to fit the Lanard Big Salvo with clever persuasion.
- The Elite Missile is known as the Mega Missile on the Toys "R" Us website.
- Mega Darts can fit into Elite Missiles; as such, it is possible to fit an Elite Dart into a Mega Dart into an Elite Missile.
- Currently, all blasters that fire missiles are HAMP-powered, making HAMP the only form of propulsion for this type of ammunition.
- There are more cross-promotional Nerf blasters compatible with the Elite Missile than standard Nerf blasters.
|Nerf ammunition typesCurrent|
|Darts||AccuStrike Dart • BattleCamo Dart • Doomlands Dart • Elite Dart • Elite 2.0 Dart (upcoming) • Fortnite Dart • GlowStrike Dart • Impact Zone Dart • Mega Dart (AccuStrike • Fortnite) • Micro Dart • Sonic Screamer Dart • Star Wars Dart • Suction Dart • ULTRA Dart • Zombie Strike Dart|
|Other||24" arrow • Arrow • • Elite Missile (Fortnite) • Foam Car • High-Impact Round (Edge Series • Overwatch) • XLR Disc|