|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
The Dreadbolt is a string-powered, crossbow-like blaster, similar to the Rebelle Courage Crossbow. It features an integrated shoulder stock. Five arrows can be stored above the loading shaft. It also features a single, short tactical rail.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
The zombies are getting stronger, and so are the survivors battling them theyre inventing new battle gear and teaming up with other zombie fighters to keep striking back! Defend against the zombies with the Nerf Zombie Strike Dreadbolt crossbow that fires Zombie Strike arrows. Prime the crossbow to fire by swinging lever backward and forward, then pull the trigger to unleash an arrow toward the zombie hordes. Store the arrows on the crossbow to keep them within reach whenever zombies attack. The Dreadbolt crossbow is designed with fun details that reflect the Zombie Strike story of survivors who are creating battle gear with parts they scrounge from different places. The Nerf Zombie Strike Dreadbolt crossbow comes with 5 Zombie Strike arrows.
The Dreadbolt was officially announced on January 31, 2017.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Dreadbolt, pull the lever-like wrench in the front of the blaster back and forward. Load in a single arrow, so that the fins of the arrow are sticking out of the slits in the shell. Make sure the arrow is seated properly, so that it will stay in position when the blaster is moved or aimed around.
Pull the firing trigger to fire an arrow.
- This is the first Nerf blaster that is not in the Rebelle series that uses modern arrows.
- The name "Dreadbolt" is a play on words, formed by the words "dread" and "deadbolt", a type of lock.
- The crossbow part of most Nerf blasters is merely for cosmetic effect. The Dreadbolt, however, requires the crossbow part for the blaster to work.
- During a sponsored event on a popular online game called ROBLOX, the Dreadbolt was given out as a prize during a event called "Hallow's Eve 2017."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Greenwald, W. (2017-01-31). Exclusive: Straight out of Nerf Doomlands, Meet The Judge (Article). Geek.com. Archived from the original on 2017-03-26. Retrieved on 2017-01-31.
- ↑ Nerf. Nerf Fest 2017 (Video). Facebook. Retrieved on 2017-08-10.
- ↑ Hallow's Eve 2017 article on the Roblox wiki