It comes packaged with two Zombie Strike Darts.
The Doublestrike features an intelligent air restrictor system, similar to that of the Rough Cut 2x4, the Crossfire Bow and the Triad EX-3. It has a single tactical rail. Like the Hammershot and Sweet Revenge, it is cocked by a hammer, and it is the smallest Nerf blaster to feature this mechanism. On the side is a 3D relief of a revolver's cylinder system; however, that is only a visual effect.
Its accuracy reportedly varies depending on the barrel; the top barrel is said to be more accurate than the bottom barrel. The spring is rather strong, although this causes a minor blowback of air when priming the blaster which pushes the dart forward or even out of the barrel when primed downwards too far, causing a large amount of dart drag.
Many users reported that they cannot attach most accessories via tactical rail, as it is too small and the spring of the attachment is too strong.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Experience the excitement, energy, and attitude of the Nerf brand, and find out why It's Nerf or Nothin'. The Zombie Strike line brings you dart-firing blasters so you can defend yourself against a zombie invasion. No one knows exactly what happened the day the zombies struck, but you will be ready for them with the Zombie Strike blasters from the Nerf brand!
Double-Barreled Blasting:You never know when the zombies will strike, so stay prepared with the Zombie Strike DoubleStrike blaster from the Nerf brand. The DoubleStrike blaster fires 2 darts in a row with one-handed hammer action. The green blaster has vertically stacked twin barrels. Get ready for zombie action by loading 1 Zombie Strike dart into the front of each barrel. When it's time to make your move, pull the hammer back, then pull the trigger to fire 1 dart. Do it again for a double-tap defense!
The Doublestrike was the second 2014 Zombie Strike blaster to be revealed, after the SlingFire. It was first revealed by DartBlaster.de in February, 2014 at a Toy Fair after it was spotted at a Toy Fair. The early iteration of the Doublestrike differed from the final production blaster in several regards, most notably the absence of a spacer between the two barrels in the final production model.
Reloading and firing
To load the Doublestrike, load a dart into each barrel. Pull the hammer back until it clicks and release to fully prime the blaster.
Pull the firing trigger to fire a dart.
- It is possible to fire the Doublestrike by fanning the hammer, although it will need some practice from the user and may reduce performance. This, in a way, can fire both darts nearly at the same time.
- Releasing the hammer accidentally before it catches may launch a dart. Also, there are a few degrees of play between the hammer catch and the actual end of hammer travel. Releasing the hammer too quickly in this case may also cause a dart to fire.
- This is the second Nerf blaster to have silver screws instead of the usual black screws, the first being the Jolt EX-1.
|The full image gallery for Doublestrike may be viewed at Doublestrike/Gallery.|
- ↑ Randomshadow09 (2014-08-05). Nerf ZombieStrike Doublestrike - Range Test (Stock). YouTube.com.
- ↑ Blaster Labs: Nerf Zombie Strike Doublestrike Review. BlasterLabs.com
- ↑ MyLastDart: NEW 2014 Nerf Zombie Strike Doublestrike and Slingfire - MyLastDart.com
|Zombie Strike blasters|
|2013||Hammershot • SledgeFire|
|2014||Crossfire Bow • Doublestrike • Fusefire • Jolt • Ricochet • Ripshot • Rough Cut 2x4 • SlingFire • Sidestrike|
|2015||Doominator • FlipFury|
|2016||Blowdart Blaster • Brainsaw • Clampdown • Crosscut|
|2017||Dreadbolt • Outbreaker Bow|
|2018||RevReaper • Ripchain • Wrathbolt|