|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.|
It comes packaged with two Zombie Strike Darts.
The Doublestrike is a small hammer-action single-fire blaster. It features an intelligent air restrictor system, allowing for a dart to fire from any barrel. The blaster appears to be a revolver-style blaster, but the cylinder is a visual detail and does not function. It also has a tactical rail on top, between its hammer and iron sight.
Its accuracy reportedly varies depending on the barrel; the top barrel is said to be more accurate than the bottom barrel. The spring is rather strong, although this causes a minor blowback of air when priming the blaster, which pushes the dart forward or even out of the barrel when primed downwards too far, causing a large amount of dart drag.
Many users reported that they cannot attach most accessories via tactical rail, as it is too small and the spring of the attachment is too strong.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
You never know when the zombies will strike, so stay prepared with the Zombie Strike DoubleStrike blaster from the Nerf brand. The DoubleStrike blaster fires 2 darts in a row with one-handed hammer action. The green blaster has vertically stacked twin barrels. Get ready for zombie action by loading 1 Zombie Strike dart into the front of each barrel. When it's time to make your move, pull the hammer back, then pull the trigger to fire 1 dart. Do it again for a double-tap defense!
The Doublestrike was first shown off at the 2014 Nuremberg International Toy Fair Early versions of the blaster differed from the final version in several regards, most notably the absence of a spacer between the two barrels in the final production model.
The Doublestrike has been released with the following color schemes:
- Zombie Strike (green, black, gray, and orange)
- Doublestrike 2-Pack (orange, black, and gray)
- Doublestrike 2-Pack (blue, black, gray, and orange)
Two Doublestrike blasters come packaged in the Doublestrike 2-Pack.
- It is possible to fire the Doublestrike by fanning the hammer, although it will need some practice from the user and may reduce performance. This, in a way, can fire both loaded darts nearly at the same time.
- Releasing the hammer accidentally before it catches may launch a dart. Also, there are a few degrees of play between the hammer catch and the actual end of hammer travel. Releasing the hammer too quickly in this case may also cause a dart to fire.
- This is the second Nerf blaster to have silver screws instead of the usual black screws, the first being the Jolt EX-1.
|The full image gallery for Doublestrike may be viewed at Doublestrike/Gallery.|
- Randomshadow09 (2014-08-05). Nerf ZombieStrike Doublestrike - Range Test (Stock) (Video). YouTube. Retrieved on 2017-08-22.
- MyLastDart (2014-02-03). NEW 2014 Nerf Zombie Strike Doublestrike and Slingfire (Article). MyLastDart. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-06-01.