|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It comes packaged with eight XLR Discs and instructions.
The Diatron features an integrated drop-down magazine, like the Vigilon. It has the ability to fire two discs at a time. It also features a shoulder stock attachment point at the rear and one long tactical rail above the blaster. Unlike the Vigilon, which used a slide for priming, the Diatron uses a sideways-positioned lever.
When the priming lever is pulled out, a white block goes behind two discs and when the lever is pushed back into the blaster; two discs are brought forward for launching. When the priming lever is pushed back into the blaster, a button on the inside of the lever is pressed. This primes the blaster.
Unlike other multi-fire blasters, the Diatron does not feature a two-step trigger and cannot fire a single disc at a time.
To unjam the Diatron, simply make sure the priming lever is in its closed position and slide the de-jamming switch towards the front of the blaster.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
Are you ready to double your blasting for your next mission? The DIATRON blaster lets you send 2 discs hurtling toward your target at the same time with every shot! Firing this fast is no problem, because the blaster’s built-in drop-down clip snaps open for fast, easy reloading. The blaster’s Tactical Rail is compatible with any Tactical Rail accessory (sold separately) so you can upgrade at will for even more strategic advantage. The blaster’s revolutionary XLR Disc Tech hurls the bright orange VORTEX discs an ultra-long distance. Blast your target with double firepower to outfire your opponent!
The Diatron was first discovered in October, 2012 on a pricing graph on A.B. Gee's website. It was listed as "Diatron(Multishot)" (sic). The Diatron can be considered an upgraded version of the Vigilon, with twice the ammo capacity and twice the shots fired than its predecessor.
The Diatron has been released under the following color schemes:
Reloading and firing
To reload the Diatron, pull down the magazine release and load in up to ten discs. Push the magazine back into the blaster. Pull the priming lever away from the blaster and then push it back in to prime the blaster. Pull the trigger to launch two discs.
- It is the only multi-fire blaster in the Vortex series and seems to be the Vortex equivalent of the Rough Cut 2x4.
- This blaster does not come with its full stock capacity of ten XLR Discs.
- This blaster was the second Vortex blaster to be released in the updated color scheme, after the Pyragon.
- It is possible to have twelve discs instead of ten loaded in the Diatron by chambering two discs and then loading the full ten into the magazine.
- It is the only Nerf blaster to feature a side placed lever action priming system
- On the instruction manual, the Diatron is shown firing green discs despite coming packaged with orange and white discs.
- It was the first Nerf blaster to use a lever-action priming method, pre-dating the Zombie Strike SlingFire by about a year.
- A virtual rendition of the Diatron was made available for a Nerf-themed event in the computer game ROBLOX. It was featured alongside the Roughtcut 2x4.
|The full image gallery for Diatron may be viewed at Diatron/Gallery.|
- SG Nerf. Singapore Nerf Store Stock List. SG Nerf. Archived from the original on 2019-03-19. Retrieved on 2015-01-27.
- Randomshadow09 (2013-02-08). Nerf Vortex Diatron - Range Test (Stock) (Video). YouTube. Retrieved on 2017-08-22.
- Pocket. Esq. (2012-10-09). Rumours: Vortex Diatron? (Article). Urban Taggers. Archived from the original on 2016-12-02. Retrieved on 2014-06-03.
- Shedletsky, C. (2013-03-15). Play Nerf Battle: Double Your Blasting Target Challenge Today (Article). Roblox. Archived from the original on 2016-04-20. Retrieved on 2018-12-16. Christina Shedletsky (2013-03-15). Play Nerf Battle: Double Your Blasting Target Challenge Today. Roblox.com
|Multishot Madness blasters|
|N-Strike Elite||Rough Cut 2x4|