|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
The Deploy CS-6 (known as the Flash Break CS-6 in Japan) is a clip system Nerf blaster that was released in 2010 under the N-Strike series. The built-in flashlight requires three "AAA" batteries to be operated.
The Deploy is a pump-action single-fire blaster. It is unique in that it can change between two different functional "modes": Flashlight Mode and Blaster Mode. It an integrated carry handle, atop of which is a tactical rail, as well as the button used to switch between modes. The light itself is built into the clip well, which sits in two different positions, based on what mode the blaster is in; the power switch for this is located on the left side. A jam door is located on the right side of the blaster, and is used for clearing dart jams. A single dart can be stored in the pump handle.
The Deploy has two distinct modes: Flashlight Mode and Blaster Mode.
Flashlight Mode allows the blaster to be used as a flashlight. It is compact, with the blaster folded up on itself; the grip is folded up, the back of the blaster pushed in, and the clip well flipped up vertically, above the muzzle. In Flashlight Mode, the Deploy cannot fire.
Blaster Mode converts the Deploy back to being able to be used as a dart blaster. Pushing the button built into the carry handle will deploy the blaster for use, hence its name. Everything will flip out and extend into place, readying it for use.
To switch to Blaster Mode, press the "Deploy" button on the top of the blaster's carrying handle.
To switch to Flashlight Mode, the user must physically set the blaster's parts into place: the clip/light must be flipped back up and the shoulder stock must be pushed forward by pressing the orange triangle button and pushing the stock forward.
The use of a thirty-five dart drum will cause the deploying function to not drop the clip well to its respective position, unless tilted to the left when doing so; when it does drop down, it will do so with considerable force. An eighteen dart clip is not affected by this.
The orange pump action handle can also become stuck and will only be able to slide halfway.
It is not advised to deploy the blaster while holding it by the priming bar. If opened while doing this, the user's hand may be hit by the flashlight.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
When your mission calls for stealth, this DEPLOY CS-6 blaster is just the right "weapon" to choose! Convert this pump-handle blaster into a flashlight when you need to track your target through darkened tunnels or in the dead of the night. When you finally find your mark, quickly convert it back to blaster, line up the tactical rail and fire at a moment's notice. Prepare yourself for any circumstance -- and prepare to win the battle!
Later variants of the Deploy did not include the carry strap it was initially packaged with.
The Deploy has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike (yellow, black, gray, and orange)
- Clear Series (clear plastic and orange)
- Sonic Series (clear green and orange)
- Whiteout Series (white, black, gray, and orange)
The Deploy CS-6 features a reverse plunger system.
- Oddly enough, when used upside-down, the Deploy CS-6 seems to fire faster and more accurately, likely due to the change in direction of the darts being fed into the breech.
- If a user puts a large accessory on the Deploy's tactical rail, the blaster can only be used in Blaster Mode, as the clip has no room to flip up for Flashlight Mode.
- On some Deploys, the trigger will have a slight delay when priming and firing the blaster.
- This was the last blaster to bear the old N-Strike logo, which was replaced by a newer logo in mid-2010.
- Like the Rayven CS-18, Elite Darts seem to fare worse in the Deploy CS-6 rather than other clip system blasters.
- The Deploy can still be used and fire a chambered dart even when the clip well is still in its Flashlight Mode position.
|The full image gallery for Deploy CS-6 may be viewed at Deploy CS-6/Gallery.|