|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
For the N-Strike Modulus re-release, see Demolisher.
The Demolisher 2-in-1, as its name suggests, is essentially "two blasters in one". It features a top clip system dart-firing blaster and a HAMP-action, under barrel missile-firing blaster. It uses a flywheel system and has a acceleration trigger to allow the user to rev up the motors for use. The missile blaster is permanently integrated into the blaster. The blaster is about the same size as the RapidStrike CS-18 in its prototype stage. The missile launcher is entirely independent from the dart launcher; therefore, it follows that the acceleration trigger is irrelevant to the Elite Missile.
It has two tactical rails: one on top and one on the right side of the blaster. There are also two strap points: one on the handle and one near the muzzle. It is compatible with barrel extensions and detachable shoulder stocks.
It advertises a firing range of up to ninety feet; the gray trigger release of the Demolisher fires up to twenty-five meters (eighty-five feet). The missile-launching part of the blaster fires up to fifty feet depending on how hard the slide is pulled.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
The N-Strike Elite Demolisher 2-in-1 blaster from Nerf fires both Elite darts and Nerf missiles to demolish the competition with two kinds of firepower. Get in the game and plan your battle strategy to optimize your attack and fortify your defense. Blast the 2 big Nerf missiles for maximum impact with pump-fire action. Unleash a powerful barrage of 10 Elite darts with motorized dart blasting. Or fire the missiles and the darts at the same time to sweep the field!
The Demolisher 2-In-1 was first revealed on January 20, 2014 when it was announced by Popular Mechanics. The original listing claimed the blaster would fire Mega Darts, despite the picture clearly showing a missile. It became the first Nerf blaster to use a banana clip, not including non-Nerf blasters or Super Soakers, which led some in the community to fear that jams could frequently occur with the blaster. Rampant speculation in the community led to arguments over whether or not the missile launcher was detachable, whether it had a trigger or not, and whether it was air-powered or manually-operated. Once it came out, this was cleared that the launcher was not detachable. Some in the modification community have removed the launcher to create interesting variations.
The Demolisher made its first public appearance outside of small testing areas at the 2014 Toy Fair, alongside many other newly discovered blasters. Official images of the Demolisher, alongside the Mega ThunderBow and SlingFire, were revealed when German website Bankcroft.de listed all three products for sale in May of 2014.
The Australian release was in September. This blaster was given a soft release on the 26th of June in Singapore. It was also released on the end of July in Malaysia.
The Demolisher 2-in-1 was known as the Destroyer prior to its release. Pre-production mockups of the Destroyer revealed that it had a few differences when compared to the Demolisher, such as an additional carry handle on the top of the blaster. Its Elite Missile launcher also had a firing trigger as well as a pump, hinting that the launcher was intended to either be powered by an air tank or plunger system.
A Costco exclusive value pack of the Demolisher 2-In-1 that was available in the United States and Canada contains an extra banana clip and twenty Elite Darts. In Germany, this value pack is exclusive to Rossmann drug stores.
Like most flywheel blasters, the Demolisher can undergo modifications such as lock removal, rewiring, and voltage modifications.
The missile launcher can be completely chopped off and replaced with an under barrel tactical rail, leading to a more compact and sleek design, although most prefer not to perform this modification as it essentially defeats the purpose of buying a Demolisher in the first place.
The missile launcher's o-ring can be replaced or bedded with electrical tape to increase its air seal. This will allow the missiles to fly further as less air escapes during pumping, however, the blaster will be harder to pump and the handle may get stuck at times. A grill on the front of the launcher's tube can be removed to increase air flow and make the missiles fly farther.
- It is the first clip system blaster to feature a banana clip.
- Strangely, darts that come with the Demolisher 2-In-1 normally shoot further than normal darts.
- The blaster doesn't function well with Suction Darts, as using them will almost always result in a jam.
|The full image gallery for Demolisher 2-In-1 may be viewed at Demolisher 2-In-1/Gallery.|
- Vigilante (2014-01-20). Official N-Strike Elite Demolisher 2-In-1 Blaster Official Product Description, Pricing, & Targeted Release Frame (Article). Basic Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-01-20.
- Nerf® 'Demolisher' 2-In-1 Blaster. Sears. Archived from the original on 2014-12-23. Retrieved on 2014-11-21.
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Demolisher 2-in-1 Blaster. Amazon. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-11-21.
- Vigilante (2014-01-25). UK Nerf Visit's UK Toy Fair, Brings New Information, Confirms/Dispels Rumors On Fall 2014 Blasters (Article). Basic Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-01-26.
- Moseman, A. (2014-01-20). Exclusive: Destroy Your Friends and Coworkers With Nerf N-Strike Elite Demolisher 2-in-1 Blaster (Article). Popular Mechanics. Archived from the original on 2019-10-05. Retrieved on 2014-11-21.
- Southern Brisbane Nerf Club (2014-01-20). N-Strike Elite Demolisher... wait, what? (Article). Southern Brisbane Nerf Club. Archived from the original on 2017-07-20. Retrieved on 2014-11-21.
- Click Click BAMF (2014-01-20). NEW BLASTER! - The Demolisher 2-in-1 from NERF N-Strike Elite (Article). Click Click BAMF. Archived from the original on 2016-12-23. Retrieved on 2014-11-21.
- Vas Stampede (2014-02-25). New York Toy Fair - The Nerf Aftermath (Article). Foam From Above. Archived from the original on 2016-12-23. Retrieved on 2014-11-21.
- Southern Brisbane Nerf Club (2014-05-23). Zombiestrike Double Strike, Demolisher, Mega Thunder Bow and Slingfire on Bankroft.de (Article). Southern Brisbane Nerf Club. Archived from the original on 2018-02-11. Retrieved on 2014-11-21.
- Mickey-the-Luxray (2014-10-25). 2-Mag Demolisher at Costco for $30 (Forum thread). Reddit.com/r/Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-11-21.