The Battlescout ICS-10 is an indexing clip system Nerf blaster that was released in fall of 2016 under the N-Strike Modulus series. It requires four "AA" batteries for its camera accessory to be operated.
The Battlescout ICS-10 features an indexing clip that holds up to ten darts at a time. It is compatible with detachable shoulder stocks and barrel extensions. It has one tactical rail and two strap points: one on the back-end above the shoulder stock point and one built into the handle.
Its design suggests that it may be able to slam fire, however it cannot. Its clip advances when its handle is pushed forward.
The Battlescout fires significantly weaker than the N-Strike Elite average. Its camera is better than the Cam ECS-12's, in terms of resolution. However, audio quality is reported to be incredibly bad, almost to the point of being painful, and the framerate is sub-par for most Nerf wars.
The Battlescout was officially announced in January of 2016, prior to the Toy Fair of the same year. Later in an unknown year, the Battlescout became available without the camera on Amazon.
The Battlescout ICS-10 has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Modulus (white, green, black, gray and orange)
- BattleCamo Series (white, dark blue, light blue, black, gray, and orange)
- The Battlescout is the only blaster with an ICS code that has an intentionally removable clip.
- The Battlescout is the second Nerf blaster to feature or come packaged with a camera. The first was the N-Strike Elite Cam ECS-12, which featured a built-in camera instead of a camera accessory.
- The blaster is heavily criticized due to its high price, performance, and the poor quality camera included. The BattleCamo Series version seemed to be a response to said criticisms, which dropped retail price, improved internals and performance, and removed the camera from the packaging.
- Some retailers denote the blaster as the Recon Battlescout.
|The full image gallery for Battlescout ICS-10 may be viewed at Battlescout ICS-10/Gallery.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mindemann, P. (2016-01-26). Introducing the Nerf N-Strike Modulus Battlescout ICS-10 (Article). Nerf.About.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2016-01-26.
|N-Strike Modulus blasters|
|2015||Modulus ECS-10 • Blaster Stock|
|2016||Battlescout ICS-10 • Grip Blaster • IonFire • Recon MKII • Tri-Strike|
|2017||BarrelStrike • Regulator • StockShot • Stryfe|
|2018||Demolisher • LongStrike • Mediator • Mediator Barrel • Mediator Stock blaster|