The Apollo XV-700 fires High-Impact Round through the use of magazines, which are loaded through the blaster's handle. It features one tactical rail on top, where the user can add optional accessories. They will not slide on but instead have to be clamped over the blaster. The blaster also has a safety feature, which keeps the blaster from being fired when not in use.
While unlikely, should the blaster somehow jam, there is a small orange nub on the left side near the back. When primed, pushing it down will deactivate the lock keeping the bolt closed, allowing the user to open the chamber and clear the jam by allowing the ball to free-fall out of the grip. This can be used to fire more than one round at a time.
The Apollo is compatible with the twelve round magazine.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Experience intense head-to-head competition with the ultimate precision and power of the Nerf Rival Apollo XV-700 blaster! Choose a blaster color and go into battle as the Red Team or the Blue Team. The Apollo XV-700 blaster has a spring-action cocking mechanism and fires at a velocity up to 100 fps (30 mps). It comes with an easy-load magazine and 7 high-impact rounds. The blaster has a trigger lock, a tactical rail, and a ready indicator. Experience the intensity of Nerf Rival with the Apollo XV-700 blaster!
The Apollo was officially announced at the 2015 Toy Fair, along with other blasters from the RIVAL series.
It was later re-released under the Phantom Corps sub-series in 2017. The re-release has a white color scheme, and comes included with two RIVAL team banners, and also comes with a twelve round magazine rather than a seven round magazine. It was also released as a cross-promotional product, with Star Wars and Deadpool variants.
The Apollo has been released in the following color schemes:
- Team Red (red, black and orange)
- Team Blue (blue, black, and orange)
- Phantom Corps (white, black, and orange)
- Star Wars Battlefront II (green, white, red, yellow, and black)
- Deadpool (red, black, and white)
- Camo Series (white, gray, black, and orange)
The Apollo XV-700 came in a value pack that included the blaster itself, a seven round magazine, seven High-Impact Rounds, and a Face Mask.
- The Apollo XV-700 is able to burst fire if the blaster is primed more than once. To accomplish this, the user must first prime the blaster normally and then press down on the de-jamming button to unlock the priming handle and prime again to chamber another round. It is not recommended to chamber more than two or three rounds, otherwise the blaster may jam.
- The Apollo XV-700 is named after Apollo, the Greek and Roman god of prophecy and oracles, music, song and poetry, archery, healing, plague and disease, and the protection of the young. Apollo is also the twin brother of Artemis, after whom the Artemis XVII-3000 is named.
- The Apollo is the most re-released Nerf blaster from the RIVAL series, having six different variants.
|The full image gallery for Apollo XV-700 may be viewed at Apollo XV-700/Gallery.|
- Red Apollo XV-700 on the Nerf website (archived link)
- Blue Apollo XV-700 on the Nerf website (archived link)