|This product has been discontinued.|
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It comes packaged with four Micro Darts.
The Air Tech 2000 is an air-powered blaster that holds up to four darts in its turret. Unlike other modern blasters, the turret must be manually rotated after firing. The Air Tech 2000 was the smallest and cheapest air-powered blaster in the Air Tech series.
Like other Air Tech blasters, the Air Tech 2000 features a "Liquitron" power gauge, which displays how much air power the blaster has stored in it by the use of a liquid. The more air in the blaster, the more liquid in the power gauge. This gauge is located at the top of the blaster. While it has no performance-improving value, the Liquitron power gauge was a recurring gimmick in the Air Tech line that was seen on all blasters in one form or another. The blaster fires from the bottom barrel.
While reliability of the Air Tech 2000 is generally good, there have been some instances of malfunctions in the blaster. It is generally considered to be dangerous to pump the blaster more than four times, as it can burst the air tank.
Another reported issue documented on NerfHaven is that the check valve may break, making the owner of the blaster purchase a new check valve or a new blaster instead. If the Air Tech 2000 is heavily modded, the Liquitron gauge should be removed because it could explode if the blaster is pumped too many times.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view the archived product listing)|
With LIQUITRON POWER GAUGE feature for maximum power and distance!
Liquid rises as you pump, to indicate increasing power.
4-dart Auto-advance barrel for rapid launching action!Awesome metallic-looking finish! High-tech transparent material reveals tubing inside! Includes 4 soft foam darts.
The Air Tech 2000 was filed for patenting on August 30, 2002, likely just before the release of the blaster. It is generally conceived to be a sequel to the SuperMAXX 1500. When the SuperMAXX line was discontinued at the end of 2001, the Air Tech line was born the following year, featuring several blasters in the line-up which are remarkably similar to previous SuperMAXX blasters.
The blaster was released alongside the rest of the Air Tech line in the summer of 2002, and was initially released in a single pack. This blaster is generally believed to be a SuperMAXX 1500 in a SuperMAXX 750's sized shell, which is very evident due to the similar turret and internals.
The Air Tech 2000 was very popular among the modding community for its simplicity, and singled Air Tech 2000's became among the most popular and powerful blasters in Nerf wars. The blaster was released in 2003 under the 2003 series, and again in 2004 under the Action Blasters series, this time as a two-pack. This two-pack was only released as a Target exclusive. By then, several colors of Air Tech 2000 had been released, some of which being very rare nowadays.
Today, the Air Tech 2000 has now been discontinued and has not been seen on shelves since at least 2008. Although still somewhat common, it now costs usually between 20-45 USD on online trades, though some colors have been known to fetch higher prices.
The Air Tech 2000 has been released with the following color schemes:
- Blue and orange
- Blue and red
- Blue, yellow, and pink
- Green, purple, and blue
- Red, black, and orange
It is a popular choice for modification in the Nerf community. During the early 2000s, the Air Tech 2000 was one of the most popular blasters for modification. Common modifications to the Air Tech 2000 are replacement and plugging of the barrel for a near-perfect air seal. Modders often also plug the power gauge to essentially remove its use and increase the air seal. Many modders also often replace the barrels with longer ones, for more accuracy and power. Some others may also choose to single their Air Tech 2000 blasters in order to have the most direct flow of air.
Other forms of modifications may also include couplering the blaster. More advanced modders may also experiment with more in-depth projects including clipping the blaster. Lastly, integrations were quite popular with the Air Tech 2000, either by placing the internals into another blaster or placing another blaster's internals into an Air Tech 2000.
Two versions of the Air Tech 2000 Twin Pack were released under the Action Blasters series. One came packaged with a blue and red Air Tech 2000, while the other came with a blue and green one.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Air Tech 2000, either place any form of Micro Dart in the bottom open barrel or rotate the turret to an already loaded barrel. Pump the blaster to a desired amount of air; two to three pumps will give the blaster the desired amount of power, however four pumps will give the blaster maximum power. This is not recommended, however, as overpumping the blaster can cause the air tank to burst within the blaster.
Pull the trigger back to fire a dart.
|The full image gallery for Air Tech 2000 may be viewed at Air Tech 2000/Gallery.|
- NERF - Product Description: NERF AIRTECH 2000. Archived from the original on 2003-08-04. Retrieved on 2019-09-22.
- SG Nerf (2009-09-05). Nerf Air Tech 2000 - Review! (Article/Review). SG Nerf. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2017-08-20.
- Pause (2011-12-26). Nerf Airtech 2000: Review! (Article/Review). Pacific Nerf. Archived from the original on 2019-09-23. Retrieved on 2016-07-11.
- NerfBounty (2010-02-19). At2k Help/fix (Forum thread). NerfHaven. Archived from the original on 2019-09-23. Retrieved on 2014-05-03.
- US Patent # 6,698,414. Pressure gauge for pneumatic toy gun. Archived from the original on 2019-09-22. Retrieved on 2016-07-11.
- Crotalus (2005-05-26). The At2k Or 3k (Forum thread). NerfHaven. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2014-05-03.
- TantumBull (2009-01-09). The Foundational At2k Airflow And Much More Modification (Forum thread). NerfHaven. Archived from the original on 2017-07-25. Retrieved on 2016-06-11.
- LordoftheRing434 (2006-03-25). Airtech 2000 Single Barrel (Forum thread). NerfHaven. Archived from the original on 2017-07-25. Retrieved on 2016-06-11.
- Rip32 (2006-02-23). At2k Coupler Mod (Forum thread). NerfHaven. Archived from the original on 2017-07-25. Retrieved on 2016-06-11.
- Retiate (2007-07-15). Clipped At2k (Forum thread). NerfHaven. Archived from the original on 2017-07-25. Retrieved on 2016-06-11.
- Norther of Heaven (2008-09-03). "vicarious" Mk. Iv (bbb + At2k) (Forum thread). NerfHaven. Archived from the original on 2017-07-25. Retrieved on 2016-06-11.
- Airtech 2000 (Review). Nerf World Order. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved on 2016-07-11.
|Air Tech blasters|
|Air Tech 1000 • Air Tech 2000 • Air Tech 3000 • Air Tech 4000 • Air Tech Ball Blaster • Air Tech Jet Squadron|
|2003 series blasters|
|Air Tech 1000 • Air Tech 2000 • Air Tech 3000 • Nite Finder • Rapid Fire 20 • Secret Target Strike • SuperMAXX 350 • Tech Target Eliminator|
|Action Blasters blasters|
|Air Tech 1000 • Air Tech 2000 • Air Tech 3000 • Atomizer • Big Bad Bow • Big Bad Titan • Reactor • Scout IX-3 • Tech Target Eliminator|